Job ID 10380
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Financial Market Ops
Job ID: 2200002710
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employee Status: Permanent
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure exchange control documentation are in place for all repatriation
- To ensure adherence to regulations around Foreign Exchange, its sourcing and utilization
- Repatriation of equity, fixed income and corporate action proceeds
- Registration, tracking and reconciliation of CCIs in respect of foreign clients investments
- Following up with Clients to ensure fx deals booked are promptly utilized
- Processing of Inflows and initiating request for CCIs
- Work with Client Service Manager in providing quality responses to client queries on Local Exchange promptly
- To ensure all CCI confirmation requests are responded to timely
- To ensure daily CCI reconciliation (Securities and Cash) and escalation of exceptions to the Head of Securities Services Operations
- Be cost-effective
- Optimize utilization of resources
- Ensuring clients’ interest are fully protected and delivering value added services to clients in accordance to established procedures, regulations & laws and also Group business need.
- To manage service delivery in accordance with the business plan and in close liaison with sales and product partners.
- To supervise the Local Exchange Officer on the day to day processing of Investment inflow, repatriation, regulatory reporting, MIS and other duties as may be assigned
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- [CBN, FMDQ prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation].
- Keep the Head of Securities Services Operations, Head FMO, CIO and UORM advised of financial and any extraordinary developments. Ensure essential returns/reports are properly completed
- Direct and review inspection/internal control reports and seek loss avoidance, with due regard to the costs and risk control procedures.
- Co-ordinate and communicate all matters relating to the development and management of security, ensure that effective business continuity plans and emergency management procedures exist, and to certify adequate protection of staff, assets and property. In the event of necessity investigate fraud, loss and other irregularities.
- Take measures to prevent drug money laundering, computer and communications security as per guidelines
- In conjunction with Country Compliance Officers, Head of SS operations and Chief Information Officer, Nigeria ensure, without fail, that unit is in compliance with the Bank’s rules and local laws
- To ensure the highest levels of Customer Service and proactively seek improvements to meet customer needs and requirements and where opportunities arise to exceed them.
- Manages and directs Operational Risk Management and Controls for the Custody service to ensure that the unit achieves a minimum audit rating of 2 or better.
- Ensure Timeliness, Responsiveness, accuracy and be Pro-active in handling transaction processing
- To benchmark customer service with the market (which includes all appropriate service providers in the service industry) and competitor pricing in the custody business and determine ways of achieving leadership.
Employees and Agents:
- Support local office to ensure implementation of local HR policies, including appointment, career planning and development of staff and succession planning in the area under responsibility.
Audit and Investigations:
- Ensure that appropriate remedial action is taken in response to audit findings
Projects and Additional Tasks:
- Any projects or additional tasks assigned by HOSS, Nigeria
Process – Exchange Control:
- Ensures effective control and compliance with Operating Procedures
- Meets clients’ specific requirements as per their Standing Instructions, SLA, specific instructions and internal standards
- Work with other team members to achieve optimum output through guidance and monitoring.
- Head of Securities Services Operations
- Head of Financial Markets Operations
- Head of Cash Management
- Head of Legal
- Service Management
- Group Product Managers
- Group Network Services Managers
- IS Project Manager
- Audit Manager
- Global Market
- Global Markets Operations – Hub
- Client Journey Line Managers
- Risk & Control
- Country Finance
- Corporate and Financial Institutions
- Central Bank of Nigeria
- Local Banks and Financial Institutions
- External Auditors
- Securities and Exchange Commission
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors’ Degree with at least 4 years experience in securities services operations.
- Knowledge of all SSO related applications
- Sound knowledge of risk control and reporting
- In-depth key knowledge of SSO products and local market practices.
- Sound analytical and business process knowledge
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Generally independent, but subject to limitations as per job description and restricted to group and local policies and procedures.
- Ability to work within a multi-function, multi-discipline team environment with strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
Application Closing Date
11th March, 2022 at 12:59:00 AM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online