Job ID 2974
Experience 8 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Lead In-house Applications Support
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
What Will You Do?
- The Lead, In-house applications Support will be responsible for maintaining and supporting all in-house built applications, tools and utilities to support Airtel Nigeria IT business.
- The role requires strong hands-on in supporting applications written in python, dot net and Java. The lead, in-house applications will be fully responsible for keeping these applications available.
- The Lead, in-house applications will work closely with Airtel business team and related partners in this domain, performing the necessary leadership, keeping the applications in this domain available and supporting daily operations.
The lead, in-house applications Application Support is responsible for
- Ensuring the stability and availability of all the in-house built applications.
- Identifying and supporting implementation of innovative technologies applicable to this domain.
- Leading the automation of extant manual operational processes.
- Managing application configuration and upgrades, and problem analysis and resolution for complex application problems.
- Proactive monitoring of all applications in this domain.
- Managing the performance of all applications in this domain.
- Managing the data quality of applications in this domain, you will also be required to drive any revenue assurance reconciliations that may arise in this domain.
- Ensuring data security as it applies to all applications in this domain.
- Setting, articulating and overseeing achievement of Airtel Nigeria IT goals and objectives on relevant IT Applications.
- Engaging in standard Incident, Problem, Change and Risk Management of the IT applications in this domain.
- Ensuring there are robust procedures and processes within the application support function.
What Will Make You Successful?
- University degree (Engineering or Computer Science)
- Evidence of continuous professional and personal learning and development
- Minimum 8-10 years’ relevant experience in telecommunication/other relevant industry
- At least 8 years experience in experience in all aspects of providing applications support to users in a very fast paced environment
- At least 5 years experience in supporting python.
- At least 8 years experience in supporting .Net and Java based applications.
- At least 8 years experience in administering Linux and Windows server environments.
- At least 8 years experience in database support especially Oracle, MS SQL, and MongoDB.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online