Job ID 23327
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Kuda is a money app for Africans on a mission to make financial services accessible, affordable and rewarding for every African on the planet. We’re a tribe of passionate and diverse people who dreamed of building an inclusive money app that Africans would love so it’s only right that we ended up with the name ‘Kuda’ which means ‘love’ in Shona, a language spoken in the southern part of Africa.
We’re giving Africans around the world a better alternative to traditional finance by delivering money transfers, smart budgeting and instant access to credit through digital devices. We’ve raised over $90 million from some of the world’s most respected institutional investors, and we’re rolling out our game-changing services globally from our offices in Nigeria, South Africa, and the UK.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Product Manager – Credit
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- We are hiring for positions across various Tech squads including (Core, Credit, Retail, Expansion, Growth and Cards).
- We’re searching for an experienced Senior / Lead Level Product Manager to lead our Product team.
- In this exciting role, you’ll partner with our Engineering, Design, Legal Risk, Compliance, and Operations teams to come up with the roadmap and strategic solutions to the complex challenges of our rapidly growing Credit products.
- Our awesome Product Management team is built on mutual respect, high trust, and high autonomy.
- You’ll work with a high-performing, entrepreneurial, and product-focused group of engineers and designers, in a highly collaborative and fun environment.
- In this exciting role, you’ll have the opportunity to make a massive impact on the company, the product and most importantly, on the lives and livelihoods of our amazing users!
What you’ll Get to do:
- Set the vision and strategy for our Credit product portfolio
- Understand how the products connect to the company’s objectives
- Define, prioritise, and communicate short, mid, and long-term goals for the product portfolio
- Build credit products with world-class customer experiences by understanding the full lifecycle for our customers and internal stakeholders
- Responsible for expanding the product into new markets
- Understand end-customer needs and gather product requirements
- Coordinate resources, and create project timelines, to ensure on-time delivery with the highest quality
- Drive product development by defining the roadmap, and feature stories, and assisting the product team in the delivery phase
- Deliver features and products that will create amazing user experiences and validate these with customers
- Work closely with internal departments such as Legal, Compliance, Risk, Operations, etc.
- While this is an individual contributor role, growing the product area implies the exciting opportunity of stepping up at a certain point to lead a team of product managers in your group
- 5+ years of credit product management experience building consumer web and mobile products (essential)
- 2+ years of experience working with financial products in the Tech space (ideally banking, fintech)
- Experience across lending/credit products (essential)
- Experience working with engineering and product teams with agile and lean principles
- Broad knowledge of Credit Risk management principles
- User-centric design approaches and strong product instincts
- Ability to take a nebulous, vague list of desires & requirements and distill them down into engineering actionable items
- Bias for Execution; you focus on defining the right MVP, making difficult trade-offs, and shipping effective features
- Exceptional Curiosity; you’re unafraid to ask questions, tinker, and learn to help drive product success
- Ability to analyze data from a variety of sources to identify key insights, pinpoint optimization opportunities, and inform product decisions
- Experience with SQL and/or other data analysis systems
At Kuda, our people are the heart of our business, so we prioritize your welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- Competitive annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group life insurance
- Health insurance
- L&D training
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a 3 day per week remote working option
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online