Job ID 27070
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states). We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Utilities Economics
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job type: Full Time
- This Job role guides/pilots IBEDC’s alignment with all industry regulations governing Nigerian electricity markets to minimize losses occasioned by Market Settlement transactions.
- Assists in developing policies, strategies, and plans for the Function to ensure full regulatory compliance.
- Works closely with relevant internal officers to review and advise on issued Monthly Market Settlements.
- Monitoring the process of energy pricing and tariff rate.
- Participates in regulatory agency meetings and public meetings/hearings about electricity markets.
- Prepares internal reports pertaining to electricity market trends for IBEDC management.
- Assist in developing long-term rate strategy and plans to prevent earnings erosion.
- Liaises constantly with relevant Functions pertaining to revenue assurance.
- Performs other sundry assignments as directed by the Head, of regulatory.
- A First Degree in Social Sciences, Engineering, or any relevant field.
- A relevant postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies.
- At least 7 years experience in a regulatory function with at least 5 years in a supervisory position within the utility industry or a closely related industry with at least 5 years in a supervisory role
- Adequate knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (NESI).
- Deep understanding and knowledge of regulatory stipulations vis-à-vis rates and permits
- Deep understanding of the laws and regulations governing the power industry
- Strong financial and business acumen financial analysis and reporting skills
- Business performance management.
- An analytical mindset with good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage sensitive and confidential information.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online