Job ID 30893
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Domeo Resources International is a prolific organization that offers Management and HR Consultancy solutions to ensure improved employee and organizational performance
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Associate
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The main purpose of this role is to conduct legal research, independently draft watertight processes such as motions, final written addresses, notices of appeal, briefs of argument and take record of proceedings.
- Prepare processes at both trial courts and appellate courts.
- Proffer legal opinions and draft agreements with no supervision
- Work directly with clients to schedule meetings, depositions, discovery responses, and trial preparations.
- Review court judgements and draft petitions accordingly
- Prepare and review legal documents ahead of court hearings
- File exhibits, briefs, appeals, and other legal documents with the court or opposing counsel
- Thorough knowledge and practical experience of election cases
- Work as a team with other Senior Associates
- Prepare a comprehensive brief on each case
- Schedule and administer full depositions of witnesses and experts
- Review discovery of documents and determine the best course of action in each case
- Familiar with enforcement procedures and can take steps to enforce judgments
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Managing Partner of the Law Firm
Experience / Qualification
- Interested candidates should possess a BL / LLB / JD.
- 5 years post-call experience in a litigation firm.
- Experience with pre-election and election petition cases is a major added advantage
Competencies / Skills:
- Experience in writing addresses and briefs of argument
- Experience with Pre-election and Election cases
- Trial preparation skills
- Legal Research skills
- Interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships, with colleagues and clients
- Excellent drafting skills
Behavioral Qualities / Other Competencies:
- The ability to remain confident and assured in difficult circumstances with stamina to sustain performance, particularly when under pressure
- The ability to keep abreast of developments in the legal practice
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong work ethics and reliability
Application Closing Date
21st August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using “Legal Associate” as subject of the mail.