Job ID 33875
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
UP otherwise known as Unified Payment Services Limited is Nigeria’s premier Payments & Financial Technology company founded in 1997 by a consortium of leading Nigerian banks. UP operates as a shared infrastructure for the banking community in Nigeria and Payments Service Provider within and outside Nigeria, with a vision to be the most preferred e-payment service provider in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To ensure that the Company’s interests are protected in all legal issues.
- To prepare/review all legal documents between the Company and clients, customers, vendors, partners, etc
- To work with external solicitors to ensure promt and satisfactory delivery on matters outsourced to extenal solicitors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Draft and/or review all contracts involving the Company to ensure that the terms are acceptable and favourable to the Company.
- Ensure that proper custody is kept of all business instruments and executed contracts involving the Company.
- Relating with and assisting external solicitors in handling matters for the company
- Relating with the regulatory authorities and filing returns where necessary
- Ensuring legal and other regulatory compliance
- Legal advisory services
- Education: University Degree(s) in Law.
- Others: Completion of professional training by the Nigerian Law School and call to Bar.
- 2 to 5 years post call experience with at least the least 3 years in financial service or fintech industry or a reputable commercial law firm.
- Thorough understanding of basic legal principles; good knowledge of Law of Contract, Company Law Practice; Legal Drafting etc.
N250,000 – N400,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
13th November, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online