Job ID 4817
Experience 7 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Legal Manager – Jumia
Employment Type: Full time
- As Legal Manager, your responsibility would be to support the Head of Legal and Corporate Governance in giving legal advice to management on all relevant issues and to ensure that the company adheres strictly to all laws and guidelines with the sole aim of protecting the company’s reputation.
- Proffer advice on legal and regulatory topics across the full range of transactions, particularly providing support to Jumia Services
- Advising on general business law issues and managing the legal issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, procurement, safety, security insurance and sustainability issues
- Review, draft and negotiate various commercial agreements
- Liaise with various regulatory bodies in getting necessary regulatory approvals
- Liaise with external legal counsel in managing various litigation
- Identify and mitigate potential legal risks.
- Liaise with various Law enforcement agencies including Nigeria Police, EFCC, DSS, Nigeria Customs, etc
- Keep track of all Insurance cases and liaise with Insurance companies to in the settlement of insurance claims
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under deadlines.
Qualifications & Experience
- LLB from a recognised and accredited University
- 7+ years legal experience in a top law firm or corporate practice
- Mix of professional experience as in-house legal counsel in a technology related business and legal counsel in a top tier law firm with international clients or other relevant private or public practice
- Proven ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- Litigation skills to handle administrative procedures within public authorities
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Adequate knowledge of the e-commerce / technology Industry
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced organisation.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online