Job ID 28179
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Custodian Investment Plc. is an investment company with significant holding in companies and brands including Custodian and Allied Insurance Limited, Custodian Life Assurance Limited, Custodian Trustees and Crusader Sterling Pensions Limited all rendering best in class services in their respective spheres.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for providing legal services and guidance as may be required across the Custodian group, under the overall direction of the Head of Legal/Compliance.
Legal Drafting and Advisory:
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing legal documentation for a wide range of the organization’s activities; negotiating relevant drafts or master agreements, reviewing individual transaction documents; proposes and designs appropriate amendments to internal policies and standard documentations / contracts.
- Provide legal advisory to internal stakeholders on contracts, financial regulations, and internal policies, as well as on regulatory, institutional, and financial issues arising from the interpretation and application of regulatory requirements / provisions.
- Examines / analyse legal implications of transactions between the company and its clients and advise appropriately
- Ensure extensive due-diligence, and legal vetting is conducted on legal documents.
- Reviews all court cases for and against the company and identify the legal remedy for each case-
- Liaise with partner Solicitors/Barristers to monitor ongoing litigations, and review reports provided to support the provision of timely and effective advice to the business.
- Prepare responses to complaints and discovery requests.
Company Secretarial Services:
- Send out timely notice of Board and Management meetings.
- Collate and circulate minutes of management meetings, as well as other assigned meetings.
- Organizes case files and all Legal files and maintains records.
- Maintains an effective filing system to ensure proper documentation and retrievals.
- Keeps custody and use of the company seal, where necessary.
Knowledge / Qualification:
- LL.B Degree from an accredited university
- B.L Degree from the Nigeria Law School
- 4 – 7 years of relevant experience.
Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Lunch is provided on-site.
- Healthcare coverage for Staff, Spouse and a maximum of four (4) children.
- Employer Pension Contribution.
Application Closing Date
28th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online