Job ID 2835
Experience 2 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistic Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full Time
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- ACF is looking for a Logistics Officer who will be responsible for ensuring that efficient and appropriate logistical support is provided for all Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) program activities in compliance with Action Against Hunger protocols and procedures.
- Ensure that Action Against Hunger’s policies, systems and guidelines are implemented, used and adhered to
- Ensure that a constructive and effective logistical working relationship between field office and RRM team is developed and maintained
- Provide technical support to the project, in coordination with the Maiduguri logistics team on procurement, transport, asset management, warehousing/stock control, and the distribution of goods
- Monitor and oversee all location where Action Against Hunger implements RRM activities to ensure that systems are being correctly implemented and comply with Action Against Hunger and donor standards
- With the support of the base logistic manager, develop the RRM program logistics strategy and ensure its timely implementation.
- Organization and supervision of all emergency logistics need. This includes streamlining all information related to logistics (procurement, warehousing, transport…)
- Act as a logistic Focal Person for RRM and ensure logistic systems and procedures are maintained and up to date in a timely fashion.
- Coordinating with RRM procurement officer, Maiduguri and Abuja logistics teams to ensure the best logistics support to the emergency program including local procurement, vehicle and asset/equipment maintenance and management
- Responsible for stock control for emergency programming consistent with Action Against Hunger protocols and procedures
- Coordinate with the Borno Warehouse Manager on implementation of Action Against Hunger standard warehouse procedures in order to reach the overall goal of 100% transparency and accountability.
- Plan and organize the movements of the RRM emergency team and cargo
- Ensure that the logistical resources allocated to the RRM emergency team are managed as per Kit log and mission guidelines.
- With the support of the Logistics PM identify the RRM emergency program needs in term of assets and equipment and make sure they are covered.
- Liaise with ICT officer Maiduguri to ensure appropriate coding, tagging repairs and maintenance of assets and equipment and the maintenance of an up to date and proper asset inventory for emergency programming
- Coordinate with the Borno Warehouse Manager/officer to ensure proper storage and warehousing of emergency program stocks, including proper receiving and issuing of stocks, maintenance of updated bin cards, and regular physical stock taking and spot checks for assets and office equipment
- Ensure that the proper administrative procedures and standards for order follow-up, ordering, stock keeping and dispatch are followed
- Ensure stock administrative system is in place and regular reconciliation is done.
- Responsible for all asset and inventory management within RRM emergency programs.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- At least 2 years of work experience preferably in humanitarian or development work with at least 1 years of experience in emergency
- Previous experience of logistics management in an NGO
- Excellent management and personnel skills to enable the motivation, encouragement and participation of a mainly national team, including remote management
- Strong team communicator and facilitator between the interests of different departments
- Problem-solving ability with equipment ranging from PC’s to vehicles and radios
- Willingness to travel extensively in the field ;
- Ability to work under stressful conditions in an isolated area
- An understanding of and commitment to Action Against Hunger’s mission and values
Minimum Basic Salary
- N260,244 per month.
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)