Job ID 29485
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Saro Oil Palm Limited, is a subsidiary of Saroafrica International Limited (‘Saro’) an indigenous private sector player with 3 decades of experience in Nigeria plans to gradually develop an integrated oil palm plantations of up to 22,000 ha with complimentary industrial units of mills and refinery over the next few years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Management Accountant
- Management Accountant (MA) is a strategic partner in running the business and plays a crucial role in providing central financial direction to the Business Accountant.
- His/her primary duty is to support the Business Accountant with production of on time and accurate management reporting information.
- He/she will also be required to work with the finance team to design, implement and manage best accounting practices across their areas of responsibility, including making and implementing agreed process changes and improvements.
- He/she will be part of a team with a culture of high performance and will deploy his/her skills optimally to achieve strategic priorities.
- He /She should be able to present reports competently and confidently to the Management team. He /She must have clear focus, give attention to details and be a strategic thinker who is focused on execution
- Ensures that all foreign currency payments are made in accordance with contracted terms and budgeted exchange rates.
- Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Management Team and provides actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- He/she will ensure that financial discipline and prudence is applied for all transactions and will provide primary controls to ensure that the assets of the project are well secured.
- Put the right mechanism in place to ensure Business Pays all obligations on due date, stays Cash-Flow Positive throughout the period in line with the financial indicators in the plan.
- Responsible for the seamless and real-time running of the financial reporting processes to aid speed of service delivery to both internal and external parties.
- Report the actual financial Performance and compare with the Control Levers.
- Completion of monthly statutory rendition
- Managing preparation and submission of the Group’s various VAT returns and declarations.
- Work with other Strategic Business Unit Accountant to ensure prompt reconciliation of all intercompany accounts
- Prepare the weekly wastage report
- Production of supporting Balance Sheet and reconciliations for all Balance sheet Items.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Second Class Upper in Accounting, Economics, or Finance from a reputable university
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACCA or ACA).
- An MBA or equivalent postgraduate management degree will be an advantage
- Applicant must have a Minimum of 5yrs working experience in similar role as Management Accountant.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good Analytical and innovative skills.
- Must be self-motivated
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Power Point or related software.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Application Closing Date
28th July, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online