Job ID 8357
Experience 5 Years
Gender Male or Famele
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by the Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 as an organization to regulate the Accountancy Profession in Nigeria. It has over 42,000 members and is a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA) and Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa (ABWA).
In pursuit of the Institute’s mission critical objectives to be a leading Professional body, we invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Exams
- The position reports to the Head, Prof Exam and is responsible for effective planning and management of the examination processes.
- Liaises with and manages relationship with examiners;
- Reviews and agrees each examination processes and procedures for presentation to and approval of the appropriate authority and by the Chair of the Examination Committee;
- Develops and obtains approval for examination timetables and ensures approved timetables are complied with;
- Acts as the in-house expert for respective syllabus areas by reviewing syllabuses, maintaining up-to-date knowledge and providing technical guidance;
- Leads and ensures compliance with quality control measures in the examination process and improvement of all processes to ensure operational efficiency;
- Coordinates the review of learning materials;
Education and Experience
- B.Sc. / HND in Accounting, Economics
- Qualified member of the Institute
- A Master’s Degree is an advantage
- Specialist knowledge in any of the following specified areas:
- Financial Accounting and Auditing
- Cost Accounting and
- Tax and Law
- Minimum of 5 years relevant post-professional qualification experience.
Skills / Competencies:
- This role requires strong knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methodology, ability to evaluate and interpret financial statements with a sound financial management capability.
- The ideal candidate must be innovative and research-inclined with good understanding of the global economy and key development imperatives.
- The role also requires strong communication and analytical skills, confidence, integrity and demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse groups of people both within and outside the Institute.
Application Closing Date
4:30pm, 17th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.