Job ID 25592
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society. With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement – all grounded in learning science – to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Leadership & Development
Location: Awka, Anambra
- In joining the Leadership & Development (L&D) team you are joining the department charged with the holistic development of our school staff. We ensure that our front line staff are exceptional leaders who are in turn, energized and empowered to provide the students in their communities and classrooms with a life-changing education.
- The L&D Department ensures that each school we support is staffed with talented and passionate teachers and school leaders who will dedicate themselves to the development and learning of each child in their care. Leadership & Development ensures all school staff are fully aware of the principles that guide our Schools Group and Academics Department, including but not limited to school management practices and policies, theory of instructional design and structured pedagogy, core subject content knowledge, importance of a positive learning environment, classroom management techniques, use of technology for teaching and school management, need for parent communication and involvement, and regulatory or government engagement.
- We are responsible for both induction training of school staff new to the schools or programs we support, as well as for ongoing professional development throughout the school year.
- We use data from our school staff’s performance and student learning to drive the design of our induction and ongoing professional development, for both the year ahead, and for real-time interventions in school management or teachers’ practice by the Schools Group.
- We also support data-driven analysis of teacher and school leader performance. We know we have succeeded when each teacher, and each school is delivering on the promise of every child learning.
About the Role
- Delivery excellence, integrity, quality and systematization are all part of ensuring successful implementation of induction training and on-going professional development.
- You will work closely with the L&D Department, Shared Services, who lead the design of induction training and professional development sessions delivered in each territory.
- As an individual contributor, the L&D Manager will project manage all residential and/or induction training sessions for school staff, both school leaders and teachers.
- The complexity of this cannot be understated — in a given year there may be 6-9 rounds of induction training each with 1500-2000 teachers and school leaders, managing 50 support office staff to deliver these trainings.
- The importance of success of this training cannot be understated — it is the foundation for success of all of our programming, by ensuring that each teacher and school leader leaves training with a new vision for their school and classroom, new practices for classroom management, new understanding of structured pedagogy and its use, and knowledge of critical school management practices. In short, at the end of induction training to the program, each teacher and school leader should be excited and confident to bring significant positive change to his or her classroom and school.
- As a collaborator, the L&D Manager will be responsible for coordinating with Shared Services L&D on the content of induction training and ongoing scheduled professional development modules, and manage direct reports in this production and collaboration. In addition, the L&D Manager will work directly with the Schools Director to use performance and behavioral data of school leaders and teachers to smartly deliver time-sensitive “refresher” training on core modules and/or custom or newly designed content for Supervisors of schools to use in school-based training and coaching.
- Finally, as a manager, the L&D Manager will ensure that members of the Leadership & Development team in the territory have a clear work plan, and are productively working in tandem to generate achievement in schools.
- The L&D Manager will during times of large-scale induction training manage Supervisors, School Management to deliver training in concert with the vision of L&D. It is your job to train, mentor, and evaluate every person leading a training classroom each step of the way, ensuring that they achieve ambitious outcomes with our school leaders and teachers. This role reports to the Schools Director.
What You Will Do
- Lead induction training and professional development efforts for all school staff
- Lead school leader and teacher induction training and ongoing professional development efforts for your territory; ensure all induction training graduates and current school staff are world-class school leaders and teachers, prepared to succeed in Anambra-supported classrooms and schools, passionate and motivated to deliver for each child.
- Collaborate with Shared Services L&D to ensure that all content for induction training and professional development efforts are effective; coordinate across departments to ensure that content is up to date and accurate — this is a complex and critical process.
- Develop, coach, and mentor a deeply skilled and mission-aligned team of Supervisors, School Management who will support L&D on the execution of large-scale induction trainings and ongoing professional development during their field visits to each school; ensure that the team is prepared and delivering high-quality training and coaching for Anambra supported teachers & school leaders.
- Lead professional development, including induction and ongoing support, for Supervisors, School Management in collaboration with Shared Services L&D, using core programming and data of school performance.
- Be a world-class project manager ensuring high-quality delivery, continuous improvement and transparency for the execution of induction training and professional development programs in your territory.
- Work closely with the Administration, People Operations, Technology, and other departments to ensure seamless user experience for teachers and school leaders during induction training and professional development.
- Use big data to improve training, and identify areas of further professional development needed
- Working with Shared Services L&D teams, use big data on academics, school management and community engagement to identify areas for further professional development, and continuously improve training quality and efficacy.
- Investigate academic, school management and community engagement trends through the year to inform training content and delivery, and advise ongoing school field visits led by School Management, Schools Group.
What You Should Have
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
- Two or more years of teaching experience is desirable. Prior experience in teacher training would be a bonus.
- Exceptional organization, project and people management skills. Prior experience in having led and managed teams would be a plus.
- A data-driven, evidence-based mindset. Comfort in collecting and analyzing data to inform decisions is integral to this role.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and G-suite.
- Willingness to travel across territories as per the business needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- High integrity with zero tolerance for any unethical business practice.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience,
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online