Job ID 33802
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
BOGO Beverages is a dynamic total beverage company with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset. We are determined to dominate the beverage sector with our quality brands, apt commercial acumen and cognate experience of the African consumer.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manufacturing Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Role
- The Manufacturing Manager has responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
- He/she will develop and implement processes that maximize stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity.
- The incumbent will also drive continuous improvement and optimization of all manufacturing processes.
Role and Responsibilities
Amongst other duties, the Head of manufacturing will be expected to:
- Direct and manage all plant operations (including contract packaging) with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, quality, and other production-related activities.
- Coordinate plant activities through planning with departments’ managers to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop and control plans, and budget.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditure, manpower, wages, and salaries.
- Manage capital asset maintenance.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Control and minimize labour overtime, and repair expenses.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment, replacing, or adjusting plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training for relevant staff to accomplish the business goals and objectives.
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provide direction, development, and leadership to direct reports.
- Demonstrate leadership, communication proficiency, decision-making, problem solving and analysis, financial management, business acumen.
- Manage all employees and being responsible for the performance management of the employees within the plant.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supply Director as and when needed. Placing orders with suppliers in conjunction with procurement, Lead time negotiations with suppliers to ensure in time deliveries
- Quality Management Systems – Compliance with QMS standards protocol and procedures at suppliers – Non-Conformance with deliveries.
- BOM’s – create product codes (finish) and components, build and complete Bill of Materials
- NAFDAC – Registration for various product – according legislation and in conjunction with Regulatory Affairs.
- Develop packaging component specifications and conduct performance tests of package designs.
- Coordinate and communicate packaging material dimensions, determine appropriate markings and formats
Qualifications & Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of progressive manufacturing experience.
- 7+ years of supervisory / management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Team player/builder and a driver of value-added results.
- Good problem-solving abilities
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing operations, project planning, cost control and program
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to influence others and interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in ISO and NAFDAC quality and standards preferred.
- Experience in running manufacturing ERP. Acumatica will be an advantage.
- Proven track record of success in implementing programs and business initiatives.
- Strong internal and external communication, and team-building skills.
- Ability to energize and develop all levels of the manufacturing team.
- A Global mindset.
- Experience in expanding plant sites preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and attention to detail
- Well-skilled in the areas of relationship building, negotiations, communication, computer knowledge, innovations, and drive.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.