Job ID 10635
Experience 2 Years
Gender Male or Famele
African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation, (AFRYDEV) is a youth led nongovernmental, non-profit and non-sectarian development organization established in 2013 with the mission to serve as a platform for enlightenment and empowerment of youth society for peace and development through active participation by mainstreaming their issues and concerns into national development agenda based on United Nation Sustainable Development Goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Contract Period: 8 Months
Commencement Date: Immediately
- The MEAL Officer will provide support to AFRYDEV’s Multi-sectoral Programs in Improving the Early Recovery and Livelihood of vulnerable communities in Yobe State.
- The MEAL Officer will support the design, planning, monitoring, and evaluation of the program by managing data and facilitating program implementation at the state level, under the guidance and direct supervision of the Program Manager.
- The MEAL Officer will be responsible for data gathering, analysis, and reporting activities.
- He/she will assist in tracking the progress of key indicators and provide timely reports to the Project Manager and Programme Manager on project data for greater project reporting and overall impact for AFRYDEV Multi-sectoral Programs in Yobe State.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and in collaboration with other collaborators of the projects and He/She will:
- Collect qualitative and quantitative information and program data through surveys, assessments, post distribution monitoring, mapping, stocktaking, and regular market monitoring
- Quantify methods and identify data sources for program performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with respective program component teams.
- Ensure timely planning and deployment of surveys, assessment, mapping, stocktaking, and Post Distribution Monitoring surveys, conducting project baseline, end line, and progress surveys, ensuring appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods, data collection procedures, and data verification through periodic site visits.
- Support formulation and integration of Geographic Information System technology and other related spatial information applications, for operational programming needs.
- Support in collating and analyzing monitoring data, as well as report on findings from monitoring activities
- Ensure proper monitoring of the program, focusing on the overall M&E framework of the projects
- Present and analyze data based on information needs of the project team and partners and support in database management.
- Analysing of data, report development, and submission of M&E reports
- Provide support to improve monitoring and reporting mechanisms through revised monitoring and reporting framework, through collaboration with the program team.
- Review of reporting made against indicators
- Drafting and sharing lessons learned from the different project interventions for program development and quality control
- Work with program teams to ensure AFRYDEV information on program activities is shared within LGAs and provide beneficiary feedback in line with relevant guidelines and frameworks
- Collaborate with government and humanitarian partners to ensure smooth sharing of information in consultation with the Project Manager.
- Support the program team in facilitating the process of setting up Complaint Response Mechanism at the Ward/ LGA level and handling complaints/ feedback.
- Support the management of MIS technologies and Beneficiary Data management Platforms (Including Red Rose, PowerBI, Kobo, etc..
- Carry out troubleshooting of devices and find solutions where necessary to ensure timely implementation of program activities.
- Ensure routine monitoring of the Red Rose and ODK / Kobo devices and software upgrades when necessary, in conjunction with the MEAL Assistants / Enumerate
- Supports MEAL and Program Team on database management software used when necessary.
- Support the MEAL team in coding and creating new forms and questionnaires.
- Create Monthly reports via the use of infographic software.
- Ensure proper and timely implementation, management, and capacity building on MEAL at the base level:
- Take a lead in data storage, processing, retrieval, and reporting to the project management team and key community stakeholders in consultation with the MEAL team
- Coordinate and share learning related to knowledge, data collection, use of ICT4D, behaviours, and practices at base office level, and AFRYDEV at large.
- Generate related reporting on trends in all-cash programs context and progress (using graphs, pie charts, bar charts, etc.) for internal and external reporting in consultation with the MEAL Team Lead and Project Manager.
- Ensure timely submission of all sector 5Ws to the MEAL Team Lead and Program Manager.
- Train local field staff, state government stakeholders, and key community beneficiaries in how to establish and deploy M&E in coordination with the project management team.
- Provide support to the programs at the LGA level and within the communities
- Directly supervise data entry and data cleaning activities by the data entry clerks
- Analyse and provide information regarding the general context at the LGA level and explore opportunities in support of the partnership, building initiatives with LGA level government and other humanitarian actors.
- Assist program teams in the selection of beneficiaries as per the established procedure from the project proposal.
- Assist the program team in the selection of Community Mobilisers to facilitate the process of beneficiaries’ selection.
- Assist the Program Manager to provide training on monitoring and evaluation that include sampling, data collection, data cleaning, analysis, and reporting guidelines to all program staff. Coach data entry clerks and project officers on data cleaning
- Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills).
- Degree / Diploma in Economics, Rural Development, Development Studies, Statistics, Demography or a related subject, with previous experience working in developmental projects.
Skills & Experience:
- Be professional, motivated, flexible, and culturally sensitive
- 2 – 3 years M&E related work experience with an INGO or NNGO
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Have previous experience in indicator tracking matrix, 5Ws, MIS, PSS of cash-based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers, or cash vouchers).
- Have excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills.
- Have proven ability to create program support systems for large amounts of data within a complex program.
- Have knowledge and experience in using database-specific software.
- Have experience in designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
- Be excellent in communication skills and proficient in report writing
- Have IT troubleshooting capabilities.
- Be resident and familiar with the terrain in Northeast Nigeria.
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Proven ability to create management information systems for large amounts of data within a complex program.
- Knowledge and experience in using database-specific software.
- Excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills.
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa and Kanuri).
- Proficient in statistical and other software (Microsoft Office package, SPSS, GIS, and ENA for SMART.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Previous experience with similar position
- Perform another task specifically assigned by the Project Manager and direct supervisor for what concerns the implementation of AFRYDEV program activities.
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single PDF document addressed to “African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation via: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- AFRYDEV is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate gender, religion, or ethnicity.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- AFRYDEV recruitment and selection procedures do not involve any form of payment to the organization, staff, and or any assigned third party, requests of such kinds should be immediately reported.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.