Job ID 32267
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Inspector, Mfamosing
Requisition ID: 2343
Location: Mfamosing Plant, Cross River
- The Mechanical Inspector primary objective is to coordinate and control execution of iinspections, analyze all process and auxiliary equipment so that the condition of each piece of equipment can be monitored and maintained at a high level of operating performance.
- The Inspector communicates regularly with the operations personnel to gain information on any problems or concerns they may have about the equipment and the way it is affecting the process.
- The incumbent also analyses situations to determine whether it is a mechanical, electrical or operating problem and recommends solutions to correctly utilize all resources available.
- Studies equipment problems and recommends modifications or replacements of it.
- Investigates repetitive problems and initiates corrective maintenance procedures.
- Continually informs Production, Process and Maintenance of the operating condition of equipment and advises those responsible when a piece of equipment should be shut down in order to prevent damage to said equipment or injury to any of the plant personnel.
- The Incumbent coordinates all Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Inspections performed on plant equipment.
- The incumbent will ensure compliance with safety practices and procedures, availability of safety equipment and that first aid treatment is provided when required.
- Ensures that there has been a work order entered in CMMS to cover adjustments or repairs to equipment, checks for the proper equipment number, adequate description of the request, appropriate priority code and workshop or plant code.
- Assist in the planning of systematic overhauls of major equipment
- Systematic inspection and data recording of all plant equipment with follow up to appropriate people.
- Carry out specific and precision duties as drive alignment, open gear inspection as checking of root clearances, wobble, eccentricity checks, institute balancing of new installation monitoring stop checks on bearings, basic NDT inspections etc.
- Preparation of the daily work schedule for the PMR tasks in accordance with equipment needs while utilizing CMMS to document and monitor equipment history files.
- Record all temperatures, pressures and any relevant information, which may be used for analysis from CCR.
- The incumbent is also the plant person in charge of the mechanical integrity of the plant’s machinery
- The incumbent is responsible and should have data pertaining to reliability so that he can analyze, and advise departments on the information needed to perform RCFA (i.e. vibrations, temperatures, hours, causes, Pareto charts etc.)
- Ensure regular participation and engagement of the team for RCA/RCM process as and when required for assign machines performs other duties such as maintaining work records and maintenance repair history logs, attending regular meetings with maintenance engineers.
- Participate in the Maintenance Supervisor On-Call Program.
- List of direct reports:
- Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
- Mechanical Planner
- Mechanical Execution
- Area Manager & Shift Leader
Key Performance Indicator (KPIs)
- NAI – MTBF
- Maintenance Cost
- PMR ratio
- Scheduling compliance
- Planning accuracy
- Mayor Shutdown evaluation
- Call out
- Outstanding work (13w)
- Schedule Ratio 3
- PMR efficiency
- PMR not performed
- BOM mat PRequest ratio
- Spare parts inventory value (NWC)
- PM02 manual call ratio
- Aging maint request
- PM01 w/out maint request
- Material reservation usage
- Aging work order
- B.Eng in Mechanical, Electrical or any other related Engineering field
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering, including rotating machines. Equipment maintenance, condition monitoring, in cement manufacturing company, refinery, power or heavy process plant.
- Knowledge of gearboxes, transmissions, hydraulic, pneumatic, welding techniques, lubrication, and mechanical non-destructive testing.
- Adequate Knowledge related to equipment function & maintenance (Crusher, Stacker, Reclaimer, Raw mill, Belt Conveyors & Aux. Equipment)
- Good knowledge of Machinery Condition Monitoring technologies and maintenance philosophies.
- Ability to trouble shoot problems and propose corrective actions.
- Excellent knowledge of vibration analysis, oil analysis, wear measurement, thermography, liquid penetrant, ultrasonic, magnetic particle, radiography, etc. Technical / Functional Skills:
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations.
- Good knowledge of plant equipment.
- Knowledge of the Cement process is essential.
- Strong knowledge of various simple measuring tools.
- Computer literacy.
- Effective team player
Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to foresee the situation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online