Job ID 33710
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The Reddington Multi-specialist Hospital built on nine floors provides fully comprehensive tertiary hospital solutions in most medical areas. Our journey as a healthcare provider began in March 2006 with the establishment of the Cardiac Centre, in Victoria Island, in association with the renowned Cromwell Hospital in London.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
- This is a full-time on-site role for a Medical Laboratory Scientist located at Reddington Hospital in Lagos (Victoria and Lekki facility).
- The Medical Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for performing laboratory tests, working with laboratory apparatus and computerized equipment; evaluating laboratory results and ensuring quality control measures are met.
- The Medical Laboratory Scientist will also work with other healthcare professionals in a team-oriented environment to ensure the provision of quality patient care.
- Analysis of all samples sent to the laboratory
- Recognize anomalies in their test results and know how to correct problems with the instrumentation.
- Monitor, screen, and troubleshoot analysers featuring the latest technology available on the market.
- Performs equipment validations, calibrations, quality controls, “STAT” or run-by-run assessment, statistical control of observed data, and recording normal operations.
- To maintain the integrity of the laboratory process, recognizes factors that could introduce error and rejects contaminated or sub-standard specimens, as well as investigates discrepant results.
- Examining and analysing body fluids and cells to look for bacteria, parasite and other microorganisms
- Monitoring the effect of medications by testing how a patient is responding to treatment.
- Using cell counters, microscopes and other sophisticated laboratory equipment’s.
- Relaying results to relevant medical staff.
- Keeping accurate records and writing reports.
- Assisting in developing and modifying procedures, establishing and monitoring programmes to ensure accuracy of results (Carrying out Quality control and Assurance programmes for laboratory).
- Updating the laboratory document, particularly relating to policies and stand operating proceeds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science
- Professional certification or licensure in Medical Laboratory Science
- Medical Technology and Laboratory Skills
- Quality Control
- At least 4 years post NYSC experience in a medical laboratory setting or related field
- Knowledge of laboratory information systems
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.