Job ID 35181
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Diadem Consults Initiative Limited / GTE,is a solution and service provider to complex health and environmental problems. It is wholly Nigerian owned and was established in 2010 by an energetic and qualified team of professionals from various disciplines.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist / Technician
Location: Eleme DIC, Rivers
- The Laboratory technician would support the laboratory team to effectively support all programs and clinical activities within the communities and the OSS.
- Performing laboratory tests to produce reliable and precise data to support provision of the continuum of HIV treatment services.
- Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses.
- Preparing specimens and samples
- Maintaining and operating standard laboratory equipment
- Maintaining personal expertise in clinical laboratory practice and innovative technology and equipment
- Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked with relevant consumables.
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks within and around the laboratory
- Working with the program team to develop and implement quality assurance systems to improve the quality of diagnostics and facilitate treatment and monitoring of HIV.
- Supporting the design and implementation of innovative strategies for delivering needs-based training and mentoring for clinic staff in relevant areas
- Supporting implementation and monitoring of biosafety and biosecurity in clinical service delivery, including the development of SOPs, guidelines and job aids
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports to DCI on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis or as required.
- Carry out any assignment as may be decided by the Program Manager or Technical Lead.
- Level of Education – Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years’ experience or Master’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science with 2 years’ experience
- Current registration with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria
- Effective Laboratory Quality Management System skills
- Experience in public health and infectious diseases
- Effective Laboratory data management and research literacy skills
- General Communication, supervisory and interpersonal skill level – Excellent
- Language requirements – English – excellent
- Level of IT expertise required – good
- Effective organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Ability to work well individually and in a team.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in either Microsoft or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using the Job Title and your Full name as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Diadem Consult is an equal opportunity employer.