Job ID 10976
Experience 2 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Metadata Engineer
Job ID: 63133
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
- To assist in ensuring that data assets are accurately built and continuously maintained through the discipline of metadata management and data modelling to deliver simplistic, standardized and user-friendly data terms and definitions that underpin the data landscapes.
- Support the executing of Metadata strategies in line with Enterprise Metadata policies and frameworks to ensure data has context, is easily accessible and there is high quality and integrated metadata.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Assist in creating and maintaining metadata by capturing metadata and logging all changes of data, ensuring the updating of relevant artefacts such as Data Models and Metadata within the relevant repositories, in accordance with the defined service levels.
- Assist in preparing documentation, tool requirements and training for those assigned to the creation of metadata to ensure consistency of metadata. Support the ongoing evaluation/development of automated and manual procedures for metadata creation, classification and lifecycle requirements and monitoring.
- Provide support in identifying data owners to ensure that business rules are applied and to monitor adherence to those rules.
- Assist in obtaining sign off from data stewards where team is assisting in reverse engineering technical data attributes and linking business terms to technical elements by stitching under guidance from the data steward to ensure alignment to business terms and ensuring a common understanding within the business.
- Ensure that metadata updates are in line with the governance processes defined by the owners / stewards of the data. Gives input into possible data element governance violations in order that the appropriate governance structure is advised.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- First Degree
- Data Management certification (Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP), Certified Information Management Professional (CIMP) or related)
- Minimum of two years experience in business enablement (i.e., experience in a research library environment, which includes library cataloguing and experience with creation and maintenance of records for similar large metadata repositories)
- Minimum of two years experience in Business Information Services (i.e., Knowledge of industry standards and best practice on metadata including governance as well as organizational frameworks to produce localized procedures and standards. Working knowledge of tools and associated capabilities, practices and processes for the creation, integration and maintenance of metadata throughout an organization)
- Minimum of two years experience in Technology Business Partnering (i.e., Basic understanding of IT security controls associated with metadata. Basic knowledge of data modelling, database management, data elements and data security at a level of metadata in order to assist in the management of metadata.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online