Job ID 31059
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: MHPSS Psychologist
Slots: 3 Openings
Employment Type: Contract
Mission and Main Activities
- Provide specialized services and individual psychological support for people(caregivers) with moderate to severe mental and/or emotional disorders in the different areas of intervention.
- Provide technical support to Health staff to implement sound psychosocial support (PSS) activities for children and adults.
- The Psychologist is responsible for providing psychotherapy services to beneficiaries in need of MHPSS services to ensure quality of mental health and psycho-social services (MHPSS) in the fields
- Assist cases with identified mental or emotional disorders referred internally or externally
- Conduct case-by-case needs assessments for the diagnosis of psychological disorders and identification of treatment and therapy
- Carry out evaluation of mental health needs of patients/beneficiaries and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment following WHO MHGAP approach and ALIMA case management protocols. Referring cases to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient’s condition
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to beneficiaries in need according to ALIMA, MHGAP and other standards protocols in order to improve their psycho-social and mental health conditions
- Document progress on cases, maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent, and ensure that data protection protocols are respected
- Assisting and training staff members (Nutrition and health) and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MHPSS activities. Facilitate trainings for internal staffs and communities on psychosocial first aid (PFA)
- Strengthen community based psychosocial support and peer support group activities standard protocols and procedures set in order to provide the most appropriate management.
- Provide coaching and support to the field staff in the implementation of structured MHPSS activities
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles, including but not limited to: do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality, accountability and need-to-know principles
- Establish and maintain collaborative relations with relevant partners and other project stakeholders working in the project areas
- Proactively participate in relevant coordination meetings, as requested by the coordination
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Social Work, Mental Health, Psychology or related fields
- Minimum of 2-4 years of specialized experience in community-based psychosocial support interventions particularly as it relates to social norms change.
- Experience with medical international NGO, an asset
- Experience in a similar position for at least 2 years.
- Demonstrated experience on counseling skills and clinical supervision of lay counselors
- Track record of developing technical curriculum and materials for delivery of MHPSS programming/activities in a low-resource setting
- Team management and supervision skills
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office packages, especially Excel & Word
- Strong interpersonal skills, and teamwork.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and adaptable to changing needs and situations
- Flexible, patient and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with numerous deadlines, etc.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the email.