Job ID 6098
Experience 5 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications MPhil / PhD
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MNCH Logistics Advisor
Project: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nigeria
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Logistics Advisor, MNCH to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and USAID’s Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- GHSC-PSM has been assigned to support efforts to increase access to essential commodities for MNCH in Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto States. As a first step in this process, GHSC-PSM conducted situational analysis of the current management of these commodities in these target States in 2017.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Specifically, the MNCH State Logistics Advisor will conduct the following.
- Strategically collaborate with IHP and Breakthrough Action to ensure cooperative and integrated approach to improving MNCH services in respective States.
- Provide technical support and advocate for strategic planning, governance, financing & PSM coordination
- Advocate for the provision of high quality MNCH commodities and good MNCH logistics management practices with both government counterparts and implementing partners.
- In collaboration with the GoN Stakeholders, Implementing Partners, etc. in identifying and providing technical support for institutional and individual capacity building at the State level
- Facilitate the improvement of coordination role through technical working group, partners forum, quantification sub-committee and other core PSM activities
- Lead the pilot of targeted State-led interventions within focal States
- In collaboration with the State LMCU, carry out capacity development on specific supply chain interventions with measurable outcome as fallouts of assessments
- Lead the system strengthening activities of logistics and supply chain management for the MNCH programs, in collaboration with all program stakeholders and partners at the State level in priority States
- Provide technical assistance for annual national and State-specific quantifications (forecasting and supply planning) of MNCH commodities, in collaboration with all program stakeholders and USAID partners
- Provide technical assistance for quality and timely MNCH data collection, analysis, reporting and feedback to facilitate data visibility and accountability in priority States.
- Facilitate transfer of skills to appropriate logistics officers in implementing the MNCH commodities logistics system in supported States
- Provide technical assistance for the development of tools or in developing or revising standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other policy documents for MNCH program management at the State level
- In collaboration with GHSC-PSM office in Abuja, support the end-use verification and other routine or designated field assignment
- Provide technical assistance for the conduct of supportive supervision at the health facilities, in partnership with other USAID partners, state LMCU and MNCH program supply chain operators
- In priority States, lead on the roll-out of the outcomes of the HCD assessment by stakeholders
- Provide technical assistance for performance management of routine monitoring of routine SCM performance
- Write routine monthly, quarterly and annual reports for submission to relevant program stakeholders
- Contribute to the identification of best practices and success stories for GHSC-PSM circulation
- Work with designated consultants or short-term technical assistance providers to carry out requisite activities and facilitate transfer of skills to appropriate local staff
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications and Skills
- University Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health or another relevant health field.
- Minimum of 5 years of child and maternal health, and/or technically relevant work experience; experience in public health supply chain preferred.
- Previous professional experience with international donor programs required.
- In depth knowledge of the MNCH environment in Nigeria, in Sokoto, Kebbi and Bauchi States.
- Experience in liaising with multiple stakeholders including but not limited to USAID, in-country Ministries of Health, GHSC-PSM project field offices, other USAID and non-USAID project field offices, international donors, implementing partners, and inter-agency initiatives.
- Results-oriented professional capable of achieving targets and goals set in cooperation with the client, counterparts, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain concepts preferred.
- Ability to contribute to capacity-building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse cultures.
- Ability to work independently and to accomplish various project tasks daily with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other project staff, other donors, consultants, the Ministry of Health, international organizations, and other stakeholders as relevant.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English required.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% across the three target States and any other location as may deem necessary
- The MNCH Logistics Advisor, will report directly to the MNCH Manager or designee.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract.
Application Closing Date
12th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Other jobs you may like
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Kaduna North, Kaduna, Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN)