Job ID 7013
Experience 5 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a non-governmental and non-profit organisation registered to contribute positive changes in the economic and social status of Nigerians and Africans through effective programs that deliver sustainable outcomes. The Organization currently has its Head Quarters in Abuja, (FCT) with state offices in Kogi State, Niger State and Ogun State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT) or Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
- Support overall management of MEL system
- Support the MEL Manager in overseeing and managing the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) system and strategy.
- Assist in the coordination and maintenance of the new online system for reporting and monitoring of programmes, including testing of the system and ongoing refinement as necessary.
- Assist in the design of MEL procedures, templates and guidelines to support strong national-level reporting.
- Support the monitoring of the overall implementation of the MEL strategy and online system, identify gaps or challenges both with regards to the technical components of the M&E system and with regards to the capacity of its users.
- Assist in entering entry and storing of data to the monitoring database, help in maintaining this as an accessible source of information on programme activities, results and (to the extent possible) impact, and ensure data safety and protection.
- Support capacity strengthening and training of users of MEL system Assist in the training and capacity building activities relating to MEL, through for example the creation of toolkits, and setting up webinars.
- Provide support to regional level data capturing, analysis and quality assurance processes.
- Support the implementation of quality assurance mechanisms and monitoring checks at the regional
- level enabling improved capturing and narration of programmatic results and impact.
- Support monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Share information about reporting requirements and timelines, and follow up projects to ensure timely submission of reports.
- Support the collection of documentation to validate reports, and carry out regular spot checks.
- Produce high-quality bi-annual progress report, with support from HR.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field;
- 5 years+ years of experience in MEL operations preferably in an NGO environment;
Skills / Competencies:
- Understanding of local and international development issues.
- Experience from working within an NGO.
- Good understanding of programme design, theory of change functions and logical frameworks, including links between objectives, indicators, targets and activities.
- Extensive experience in supporting M&E strategies and systems, and writing reports.
- Experience in data gathering and analysis.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with archiving systems and knowledge management.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- This position is open only to applicants residing in FCT- Abuja and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AYGF is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.