Job ID 31632
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting the population with food security, nutrition, health and protection projects in Maiduguri and Borno State
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mother Baby Corner (MBC) Nurse
Location: Mashi, Katsina
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the technical supervision of the SC doctor, the MBC Nurse will run and develop the provision of activities within the Mother and Baby Corner in the Stabilization Centre (SC). This includes performing the mother & child activities, collaborating with health/nutrition staff to integrate MBC activities within the SC and monitoring and reporting on activities on regularly to the Nutrition supervisor and PM.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Implementation and monitoring of the Nutrition Activities:
- Welcome the beneficiaries and provide systematic individual consultation with new beneficiaries.
- Provide day-to-day psychosocial activities (including mother & child group activities and identification of severe distress)
- Participate actively on the design of MBC planning of activities according to beneficiary needs and feasibility.
- Perform the activities in accordance with international Care Practices standards: Baby bath, baby massage, playing session with mother and infants, etc.
- Daily monitoring and data collection on beneficiary participation and satisfaction
- Regular meetings with the health and nutrition manager for technical support
- Develop weekly summary reports on activity progress based on data collected
Communication and Reporting:
- Pass on any information or problems to his/her direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning his/her task, PUI programs, or safety aspects.
- Address any issues on the field with the beneficiaries or the community members and tell the line supervisor.
- Represent PUI at any time and anywhere when s/he is on duty.
- Collect and compile data, pictures, and information from the field to present accurate weekly internal reports to the supervisor.
- Present weekly achievements, problems encountered and suggestions to improve the project implementation.
- Assist in strengthening the PUI’s community Feedback and Complaints system
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to his/her supervisor
- Ensure the MBC visibility within the SC.
- Ensure the promotion of MBC activities toward beneficiaries.
- Ensure the promotion of understanding of the MBC approach among beneficiaries and stakeholders.
Logistics and Administration:
- Contribute to the logistical and administrative organization of the activities related to the Nutrition Program.
- Contribute to the definition of the needs in materials and tools regarding the program and the planning of interventions.
- Ensure the safety and good condition of nutrition material provided by PUI
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Quality implementation of CMAM and IYCF programs according to global and national guidelines
- Quality implementation of mother-baby corner
- Quality data management and reporting of CMAM, MBC, and IYCF activities
- Support the integrated approach through effective referral within the Nutrition components and with the other programs internally
- Build the capacity of the nutrition team on thematic areas related to nutrition
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Education Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in, Nutrition, Dietetics, Nursing with a mental health background or an equivalent course.
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Hausa, Fulfude is a plus
- Work experience: At least 1 years experience in CMAM and IYCF Preferably in Emergency in host communities or IDP camp settings
Knowledge and skills:
- Understanding of nutritional surveillance and information systems.
- Proven ability and experience in planning and conducting formal training sessions on nutrition including CMAM and IYCF.
- Understanding of Mother Baby Corner activities.
- Computer skills: Proficient user of MS Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles.
- Excellent knowledge of Katsina State, willing to travel locally.
- Team Management.
- Strong Negotiator, Diplomatic, and with problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to mobilize community.
- Rigor and organization Honesty.
- Good communication skills.
Application Closing Date
29th August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online