Job ID 2303
Experience 5 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Tezza Business Solutions Limited, is a leading Software Quality Assurance and Testing multinational with a regional office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are a Software Quality Assurance and Testing Services provider. Our primary goal is to be the “go to” Quality Assurance & Software Testing company in East and West Africa while developing offshore resources to fill test automation positions (and other hard to find software testing capabilities) in the North America and European markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MySQL / MariaDB Database Administrator
- The MySQL/MariaDB Database Administrator (DBA) will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of all applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the Database Warehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams.
- The data warehouse supports an enterprise application suite of program management tools. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
- Manage databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts to meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- 5+ years MySQL and MariaDB Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- Experience with backups, restores, and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with LINUX servers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Advanced troubleshooting skills to drive to the root cause.
- Candidate is expected to have a solid moral compass, a high level of ownership, and a desire to work in a high tempo work environment
- Extremely motivated and enthusiastic with a strong desire to deliver exceptional results in an exciting and rising company
- Ability to pass Criminal Background Checks
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online