Job ID 32976
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a registered non-governmental organization (NGO) in Nigeria with its head office in Kaduna and field offices across Northeast and Northwest Nigeria. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government, and donors to provide sustainable community development services in conflict resolution, peace building, livelihood, research, agriculture, health, nutrition, education, and governance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National MEAL Manager
Location: Kaduna North, Kaduna
Employment Type: Full-time
- The MEAL Manager will provide strategic direction and management of the organizations’ Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning, ensuring the establishment and successful implementation of high-quality programs across all performance areas.
- This position shall report directly to the Director of Research and shall be based in Kaduna, with frequent visits to project locations across Northern Nigeria.
- Lead the design, implementation, and strengthening of CCDRN MEAL systems
- To ensure project start-up, performance, and close-out align with CCDRN quality principles and standards and MEAL policies, procedures, practices, and best practices, provide management, guidance, and technical oversight for MEAL throughout the project cycle.
- Lead CCDRN program evaluation activities across CCDRN targeted communities in line with donors/partners’ requirements.
- Develop and maintain monitoring and reporting schedules for all programmes and projects.
- Led the design and implementation of project design activities, including M&E performance plan, development of project theories of change and strategic M&E frameworks (Results Frameworks and Logframe), indicator performance tracking table (IPTT), data flow map, stakeholders’ communication map, and tools for ongoing monitoring, research, and learning activities.
- Developed a Monitoring and Evaluation plan and helped determine indicators, targets, assumptions, and risks.
- Coordinated the monitoring and evaluation system, tools development, and support proposal development.
- Led implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans and conducted baseline, mid-line, annual, and end-line surveys, assessment, evaluation, and field-based monitoring visits.
- Champion the development of program learning – identify opportunities for learning, research, publications, and implementation of MEAL policy.
- Facilitate disseminating promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to the agency knowledge management agenda.
- Promote the application of learning to improve program quality and strengthen organizational influence among external stakeholders.
- Ensure integration of MEAL-related innovations and best practices.
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight for developing and implementing high-quality MEAL systems and processes and applying responsible data principles per agency and donor requirements.
- Promoting MEAL policies and good practices, championing the analysis and use of project performance data to inform decision-making and identify lessons learned.
- Facilitate connections between colleagues and peers to generate and share evidence-based learning.
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight for project or program evaluation events and research, including the development of terms of reference or study protocols that include evaluation/learning questions, a balance of qualitative and quantitative methods, appropriate consideration of ethical and data protection standards, and the necessary technical rigor.
- Oversee the quality of evaluation data through good data management.
- Oversee MEAL-related technical assistance and capacity-strengthening activities for staff and partner organizations to enhance program quality and impact.
- Supervise and help build the capacity of the program and M&E team to carry out activities;
- Contribute to program efforts to build the technical, systems, and operational capacity of relevant stakeholders on the development and implementation of program data management systems;
- Manage MEAL technical team and resources to ensure that information and resources are up-to-date, available to staff, and widely disseminated and
- Provided regular support to partners’ monitoring and evaluation and program staff teams on varying levels of technical skills through orientations, training, and coaching to ensure high-performing monitoring and evaluation teams.
- Trained field staff in monitoring and evaluation processes and provided mentorship and coaching to improve the efficiency of the monitoring and evaluation unit.
- Prepared monthly, quarterly, and annual project reports and ensure timely submission of reports for donors, government agencies, and partners.
- Disseminated evaluation findings and project results to donors and other stakeholders
- Attend to any other job as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s in Statistics, Demography, Social Sciences, or any other relevant discipline.
- At least seven (7) years of overall experience in monitoring and evaluation, program management, designing and conducting program evaluation (Baseline, mid-term, final, case studies, etc.) using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Experience in MS Access, GIS applications, and Tableau is desirable
- Experience with mobile platforms, mobile data collection, and/or GIS satellite imagery is highly desirable
- Experience and familiarity with PMI program and evaluation and performance monitoring, planning, and reporting.
- Experience in data management and analysis.
- Previous experience in working in humanitarian, peace building, and development contexts will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience preparing Key Results and Annual Result Reports would be considered an asset.
- Strong analytic and quantitative database management skills.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Team leadership abilities
- Knowledge management
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, and ability to make sound judgments and decisions.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Application Closing Date
7th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one email attachment to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate the Position and State it in the subject line of your mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women to apply.