Job ID 35723
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Ambrose Alli University aims is to be a centre of excellence in teaching and research and in the total development of the individual person in tune with the socio-cultural environment and technological realities of a dynamic world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Ekpoma, Edo
- Design a better, and efficient network infrastructure for the University
- Work on enhancing the existing network systems.
- Plan analytical and creative solutions for network-related problems for the University.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of the network-oriented queries and their plausible solutions.
- Configure hardware and network equipment like routers, WAN accelerators, DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), switches, proxy servers, DNS (Domain Name System).
- Install firewall and security systems for safety from cyber-attacks, or a third party accessing confidential information, and to manage a secure communication and connection within different networks.
- Maintain a database of all the information of the network.
- And any other duties that may be assigned to you by the Director and the University Management
- Should have a basic Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the field of Computer Science or any other related field.
- A strong understanding of the hardware infrastructure, DNS (domain name system), routers, firewall systems, and cloud computing applications are required.
- Engineers should be able to think through problems and provide solutions to them.
- They need to learn quickly about advancing technology and product developments.
- They should be knowledgeable in network security, LAN, and WAN.
- Certifications in CCNA, HCIA, HCNA will be an added advantage.
Salary and Condition of Service
The salary and conditions of service are as applicable in other Nigeria Universities and as may be determined from time to time by Edo State Government through the Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their Applications with 25 copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopies of their certificates and relevant credentials to the Acting Registrar via: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail. The detailed Curriculum Vitae should include:
- Full names
- Place and date of birth
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC)
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- State of Origin/LGA
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Qualifications indicating dates/class and institutions, as well as other qualifications and distinctions.
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts.
- List of publications, patents, designs and so on.
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- GSM Number & e-mail Address.
Note: Applicants are required to state the names and addresses of their Referees who are to forward reports direct on their behalf to the Acting Registrar on or before the closing date.