Job ID 4517
Experience 5 Years
Gender Male or Famele
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nurse Supervisor
Contract Term: Fixed Term Contracts
Responsibilities / Main Activities
- Supervise the work of the midwives involved in the activity with close consultation of your line supervisor, doctors and MOH supervisor.
- Supervises daily routine activities in the delivery ward, ANC, PNC and support with midwives any overload of the work. Ensures that all pregnant women and new born children are referred to the Extended Program on Immunization (EPI). Consider making this post primary responsible for all EPI. Ensures relevant transfer of information from one duty team to another.
- Ensure with MOH supervisor and the doctor in responsibilities for the surveillance of all maternity patients’ delivery, ANCs, PNC.
- Ensures that basic delivery plans are adhered by delivery, ANC, PNC (BEMOC activities) also prescriptions and protocols are respected.
- Supervise dressing, sterilization and injection services related to delivery, ANC, PNC patients in the health facilities.
- Identify the needs of the logistic in the ANC, PNC, Delivery and report in your line manager. Ensure that hygiene and universal precautions in health facilities according to protocols and in cooperation with logistics department and your line manager.
- Supervises and ensures good quality of Prevention Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT) and Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VCT) activities for all pregnant women. Supervises and ensures that counseling services are done appropriately following protocols.
- Implement SGBV program in all Bemonc if not exist and ensure that all SGBV victim receive the medical treatment according to protocols and also receive mental health support.
- Implement a CHIPS (TBA) network in different Ward to reduce home deliveries and train them according to the objective of the project.
- Ensures that all midwife and maternity staff promotes and maintains confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records.
Data collection and analysis:
- Ensures that recording in individual patient’s card and registration books of all midwifery/nursing activities are performed correctly. Ensures that all data management tools are used and are updated properly. Collect quality weekly data of SRH activity and send them to data entry to be recorded.
- Participates in the monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, medical statistics, etc.) being responsible for this for all SRH activities – collection and analysis of med stats.
Management of drugs and medical equipment:
- Monitors and supervises weekly and monthly consumption of drugs as well as inventories in cooperation with pharmacist ensuring that drug consumption match number of patients and prescriptions.
- Ensure that no material is taken out of midwife area and maternity rooms without prior authorization and ensure that inventories of all material and equipment used exist and are updated
- Informs line manager of any problems that might be linked to work of midwife or maternity staff as well as problematic equipment or material (ex. broken, missing).
- Informs line manager/doctors about any possible serious problem medical complicated or ex. worsening of state of patients, problems in medicines, etc.
Human Resources Management:
- Plan and supervise, in close collaboration with maternity MOH supervisor, midwifes and others maternity staff.
- Participate with MOH supervisor in processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Participate on job trainings of all midwives and nursing related staff.
- Defines with MOH supervisor, the training needs of the midwife and nursery related staff according to project objectives and potential.
- Organizes with your line supervisor, Doctor and maternity MOH supervisor and implements trainings of midwife and maternity staff.
Meetings and others:
- Participates in the epidemiological reports related to health facilities in the project area.
- Participates in meetings with other supervisors in order to ensure smooth collaboration of all departments in terms of activities running.
- Participate in team meetings (SGBV, ….)
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the organization through the head of the Medical Department or Project Coordinator.
Qualifications, Experience and Skill
- Essential Nurse Degree
- Registered Nurse
- Essential 5 years’ experience in Nurse practice and nurse management in a facility
- Experience in community activities
- Previous experience with ALIMA or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge in Nursery management
- Essential computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet)
- Training skills
- Well organized with good negotiation and communication skill
- Ability to work as part of a team, a part of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team, in emergency and under pressure, to manage stress easily and result oriented
- Ability to work in close collaboration with MOH staff
- Can work and create teamwork, flexible, and committed to the assigned position
- Interest in and commitment to ALIMA’s activities, enthusiasm to represent the organization to others, to travel to different regions of Nigeria
- Languages: English compulsory, others are an asset like Hausa, Kanuri
- Based in Yobe State is an asset.
- Stress Management.
Note: This job profile is not exhaustive, as it could change from time to time according to the needs of the mission. Also know that ALIMA INGO is an equal employment opportunity provider. ALIMA INGO would not in any way ask for any form kind of favor from potential applicants.
National Pay Scale Level 07
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter, CV, Cover letter and Credentials as a single document to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
Candidates should submit their Application Letter with Copy of their CV, Cover Letter and Credentials indicating their Name, Phone Number and Position at the back of the envelope at:
Karasuwa LGA PHC,
King Abubakar Luxury & Suite Hotel,
Gashua, Yobe State.