Job ID 31247
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – Nutrition and Health
Reporting to: Nutrition Programme Manager
Proposed start date: September 2023
- We are currently looking to fill the role of a Nutrition Officer, who will be responsible in charge for the day-to-day implementation and completion of Nutrition project activities throughout the project life cycle.
- Participate with M&E team in supervision of data collection for nutrition and health assessments;
- Liaise with Nutrition Assistants for accessing community support group and health facility database on a regular basis and updating overall health facility based activities;
- Conduct ongoing capacity assessment of health workers on CMAM services delivery, IMCI service delivery, reproductive health service delivery, vaccination etc. and review the training needs and/or coaching needs;
- Ensure that all health facilities/sites have adequate supplies to delivery uninterrupted health care services through identifying needs, informing line manager on regular basis;
- Support the Nutrition Programme Manager in organizing LGA based coordination meeting;
- Prepare individual monthly action plan in reference to work plan and share with the Nutrition Programme Manager in regular monthly planning meeting with nutrition teams led by the Nutrition Programme Manager;
- Ensure that all children and patients visiting ACF supported facilities are properly examined and treated according to national nutritional protocols and standards;
- Identify financial requirements, logistic needs, HR support in reference to work plan and inform the NPM to prepare budget forecast.
- Ensure availability of essential nutrition supplies in assigned health facilities including data tools;
- Develop monthly monitoring and supervision plan for the LGA and share with the Nutrition and Programme Manager;
- Ensure that specific monitoring finding is reported to the Nutrition Programme Manager with potential solutions;
- Regularly follow up with the teams on the progress of activity, challenges and guide on necessary actions;
- Share training plans with identified needs to the PM well in advance to facilitate support from HR/Admin/Logistics;
- Track Supervisee’s daily attendance, validate monthly attendance for supervisee, and submit it on a timely basis to HR;
- Maintain and update database for health workers, community health workers/volunteers, trainings and share with line manager;
- Prepare consolidated tracking tool for supportive supervision visits/on-job coaching sessions and share with line manager;
- Update LGA work plans, individual work plans and share with line manager;
- Use appropriate attendance sheet on-job coaching sessions, workshops/meetings and trainings and share a copy with line manager;
- Use specific supervision checklist during supervision visits and archive filled supervision checklists with summary report – every month;
- Fill the health evolution reports every month for the LGA and share it with line manager for consolidation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Nursing, Public Heath, Food Science/Technology or other relevant qualifications with experience in Public Health and CMAM programming;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in nutrition programming;
- An excellent report-writing skill is required including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa;
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills;
- Team management experience with similar programs;
- Ability to observe and to provide feedback on the activities;
- Ability to manage staff according to local culture and organization policies.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies and toddlers.
Application Closing Date
Monday; 21st August, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)