Job ID 3044
Experience 7 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Population Services International (PSI), is a world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motivated group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Overall Platform Operational Excellence
- Lead the development and implementation of PSI Nigeria’s operational policies and procedures in line with PSI global operational standards, donor requirements and local laws.
- Ensure PSI network quality and operational excellence standards and compliance requirements are met.
- Undertake periodic systems review of Supply chain, Logistics, Duty of care and Information technology to identify areas for improvement and compliance with PSI and Donor policy
- Ensure PSI is fully complaint with the local laws and regulation and legal registrations, licenses, and MoUs are valid and on file.
- Address internal and external audit findings related to business operations functional areas and execute management action plans.
- Oversee the design, development, and execution of the Annual Procurement Plans for all goods and services deemed necessary for the implementation of the programs.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities of all staff members involved in the procurement management are clear, delegation of roles, responsibilities, & authority is well segregated.
- In order achieve the best Value for Money, ensure properly planned and executed procurements achieved through open competition, result in economic and efficient use of funds and dictate bid evaluations.
- Oversee the process of establishing and maintaining prequalified suppliers, in accordance with PSI Nigeria’s vendors pre-qualification and selection processes.
- Manage supplier framework agreements / consultant agreements and ensure timely and periodic vendor / consultant performance assessments.
Supply chain management and logistics:
- Oversee the supply planning and ordering process of the ethical products is done in accordance with PSI global procurement procedures.
- Ensure PSI Minimum Warehousing Standards and protocols are complied.
- Overseeing preparation of monthly inventory reports and variance analysis, as well as reviewing and approving inventory adjustment entries as needed
- Review travel management protocols and systems, identity any existing gaps and suggest improvement plans.
- Ensuring that vehicles are serviced/repaired, licensed, insured, roadworthy and have the standard tools and accessories required by the traffic regulatory bodies.
Asset management, IT and security:
- Overall organizational asset and office / warehouse management through an asset register and controls put in place at various locations for asset movement.
- Facilitate adequate organizational insurance requirements, including for staff, and all organizational assets.
- Support the IT portfolio and ensure adequate support for PSI Nigeria IT needs
- Oversee the development, review, and implementation of the platform Security Management plan
- As part of PSI’s risk mitigation strategy and essential to fulfilling its Duty of Care obligations, ensure all PSI personnel receive safety and security training appropriate to their circumstances.
- Ensuring safety and security at all rented premises and acting as first link for the contracted security companies in all security matters
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for a highly ambitious individual a passion in public health, willing and able to learn by doing in a very demanding position. In particular, we are looking for;
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field (e.g. Business Management, Logistics, Supply chain management; Procurement, Finance)
- Minimum of 7+ years relevant experience in similar-sized organization
- Proficiency in English is required
- Experience managing multiple projects and integrated programs in highly demanding environment.
- Experience with operational and Supply chain management of large donor funded programs
- Excellent communication, and writing skills,
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive and have the ability and interest to identify and work with a multi-cultural and diverse team.
- Strong leadership skills; Planning and organization skills, Strategic and analytical thinking.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent analytical and quick problem-solving skills.
- Great power point skills – able to ‘translate’ ideas/takeaways from discussions into professional-grade outputs.
- Highly organized, creative proactive, problem solving and a self-starter.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as ONE PDF / MS Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Position title and Location” as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted.