Job ID 1994
Experience 4 Years
Gender Male or Famele
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise.
We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Contract Type: Locally Engaged
Pay band: 6
- The Operations Manager North will ensure exams operations meet demand, whilst maintaining customer service quality, exams integrity and compliance standards across our Abuja and Kano offices.
- The postholder will have responsibility for the Northern part of Nigeria and will have oversight in areas outside of our main office locations.
- This role is ultimately responsible for efficient and effective capacity, cost management, test day delivery. You will also guide and coach team members to meet operations and service delivery standards.
- The role will work closely with commercial and business development colleagues in the geography.
Main Opportunities / Challenges for this Role
- Setting up new operational ways of working to support the new Exams Operating Model, coaching and developing team members to delivery to a high standard and ensuring culture change is considered.
- Upholding compliance standards and efforts to standardise across product and execute high quality exam delivery services for assigned geography
- Implementing significant change, with regards to people, process and systems
- Upholding a customer service culture
- Relevant experience of overseeing production of goods/provision of services
- Experience of planning and delivery in a fast-paced operational environment at a management level
- Experience managing teams
- Experience of delivery change and ensuring that new ways of working are embedded
- University degree in any subject or relevant qualification
- Experience working in Exams environment
- Experience of leading on delivery of computer-based exams
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
N8,106,740 per annum
Application Closing Date
7th March, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online