Job ID 34301
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OSS Adherence Counsellor
Job ID: sfh-61576
Locations: Taraba and Kano
Employment Type: Full time
- Adherence Counsellor will be commitment to the KPs at risk or infected with HIV and to their continuity on ARV treatment, care, support, and prevention services.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Clinical services: evidence based and effective provision of adherence Counseling to all newly identified and returning clients in care and as well Clients placed on PrEP intervention to ensure efficient HIV prevention services is adhered.
- Documentation: client records and tracking efforts are well maintained and updated. complete documentation of clients’ demographics and tracking services rendered in the tracking register. proper coordination of patients tracking activities supported by the community case managers including documentation and reporting of defaulter tracking activities.
- Meetings: OSS weekly meetings, State weekly review meetings, and any other meeting as directed.
- Programs: sustainable provision of quality medication adherence counselling and support to HIV positive KPs clients on the SFH-KP-CARE-2-Project. proper monitoring and overseeing of the adherence and tracking services to KPs clients.
- Report writing weekly work plan, weekly program report, trip reports.
Qualifications / Experience
- A Degree or Diploma in Clinical / Medical Laboratory Science or in Microbiology with Applied Medical Parasitology and Bacteriology. Alternatively, person may have held a position as a medical laboratory scientist, laboratory technologist or medical laboratory analyst.
- Relevant Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Nursing
- 1 – 2 years’ experience, 1 year of which should be as a Counselor in HIV service delivery.
- Fluency in Hausa language in addition to English language and other local languages.
- Experience in providing psychosocial and continuous support as well as treatment preparation to clients in the health facility.
- Knowledge on delivery of relevant information to clients enrolled in the one-stop shop (OSS)
- Knowledge to identify and address a number of challenges/barriers to adherence encountered by clients in care to ensure clients viral load suppression.
- Experience to scale up of Partner Notification Services (PNS) among KPs clients in care to curtail the effects of the HIV transmission amongst the KPs network.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- skills in solving problems
- Drive for continuous learning and knowledge sharing
- Empowerment of subordinates and others.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online