Job ID 11008
Experience 8 Years
Gender Male or Famele
ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Partnerships & Local Rights Programme Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting to: Head of Programmes
Line Management: P/LRP Programme Advisors (2)
- The post holder will be responsible for leading, motivating and supporting the Local Rights Programme (LRP) Team to plan and manage activities aimed at achieving the objectives of ActionAid Nigeria Partnerships & Local Rights Programmes in line with the Country Strategy Paper.
- S/He would be the liaison between the LRP team and other Strategic focus programme areas of AAN, take charge of AAN relationship and strategic engagement with partner organisations, Ministries, Departments, Agencies (MDA) and traditional institutions.
Staff management and supervision:
- Manage LRP staff and periodic performance appraisal
- Facilitate capacity building and mentoring sessions
- Facilitate team building and build relationship with other units
- Establish strong and cordial relationship with primary partners/Communities
- Support state/community appraisal and phase-out processes
- Support Partnership Assessment and Monitoring (PAM) processes
- Take a lead in the development and review of contractual agreements such as MoUs, programme memorandum, etc
- Work with Impact Assessment and Shared learning (IASL) unit in conducting baseline data collection and contextual analyses of LRPs
- Ensure partner organisations comply with relevant policies
- Contribute to the development and update of appropriate information management systems on ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) partners
- Support fundraising processes of AAN
- Ensure inclusivity in all LRP programming
- Facilitate the establishment of or strengthening of strategic partnerships with relevant MDAs and Government Agencies
- Facilitate and support relevant capacity needs as identified from Partnership Assessment Monitoring (PAM) processes.
- Support LRP Advisors to ensure implementation of AAN methodologies at the community and States level
- Support the nurturing of local structures of Community Based Organisations and empowering them to demand accountability from duty bearers, and linking community movements with Inclusive Forum for Accountable society
- Facilitate LRP peer reviews (Peer and cluster)
- Facilitate Participatory Review and Reflection Processes at LRP level
- Support system strengthening of partner organisations
- Provide mentoring support to partner organisations to implement quality programmes and projects.
- Support strategic partnerships and LRP collaborations at State and Local levels
- Facilitate implementation of staff and partner capacity plans based on availability of resources
- Ensure the functionality of Civil Society Engagement Forum/Inclusive Forum for Accountable Society
- Ensure continued linkage of AAN LRP from community to State, National and International levels.
- Take a lead in development of LRP annual plans, quarterly and monthly reviews.
- Ensure adequate implementation of LRP plans and budget
- Ensure close monitoring of financial transactions from annual income to reserve management
- Support partner organisations/Associations in developing periodic/annual plans and budgets
- Review, process and monitor partner organisation’s grants management and implementation in line with the Child Sponsorship policies
Communication and Reporting:
- Take a lead on the management of AAN partnership database and effective communication between partner organisations and AAN
- Take a lead and work with IT unit on the ICT for inclusive Development project
- Set up an effective communication mechanism from community to AAN, other partners or other relevant stakeholders including security agents and other MDAs.
- Facilitate production of LRP quarterly report
- Review cluster reports and ensure compliance to required formats and timelines
- Work with relevant units to ensure implementation of planned activities in LRPs
- Ensure adequate and effective documentation of all reports within the unit
- Participate in, or lead where necessary, any programme or procedure or strategy to enhance the goal and objectives of AAN Local Rights Programme
- Actively take part in the overall policy, programme, procedures and strategy development of AAN in general.
- Assume any other responsibilities relevant to the position as assigned by the Head of Programme, Director of Programmes or Country Director.
- Active engagement in social mobilization and movement building at LRP and national levels.
- Active participation and facilitating partners engagement with open Governance forums at States and LGA levels
- Take a lead in AAN’s engagement with Local Governance across LRP States of coverage
- Internal Relationships: The entire AAN team
- External Relationships: Partners, Donors, CSOs and relevant government agencies.
Education / Qualifications
- First Degree in Social Sciences or Arts / Humanities
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field
- Membership of relevant professional Institute
- Eight (8) years minimum working experience.
- At least four years’ experience in project management.
- Experience in community mobilization
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general)
- Staff supervision and management
- Engagement with government at State and local levels
- Experience in social mobilization and campaigning
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Experience working with women groups and persons with disabilities
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
- Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essential
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Skills in community mobilization, advocacy and negotiation
- Highly numerate
- Excellent Skills in Programme Information Management
- Manager and team player,
- A person of integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Demonstrable experience in working with communities
- Ability to travel to rural communities including North East and South South
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives
- Proven Leadership Qualities
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download, fill and send the completed Application Form below in MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g. Partnerships & Local Rights Programme Manager – Abuja
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.