Job ID 25159
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Lily Hospitals Limited is one of Nigeria’s growing networks of private healthcare institutions with an outstanding reputation for delivering excellent clinical services. Since our inception under current management in 1998, we have remained at the forefront of providing and delivering quality patient-centered, responsive and technology-driven care across various locations in Nigeria to both citizens and foreign nationals.
We offer a wide range of integrated health services which include: IVF, ophthalmology, radio-diagnostics, laboratory, pre-medical and hyperbaric services, neonatology, ICU care, minimal access procedures and other general medical and surgical services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pediatrics Consultant
- This role is responsible for diagnosing and treating infants, children, and adolescents with a wide range of medical conditions, from minor illnesses to chronic diseases, and providing comprehensive and compassionate care to young patients and their families.
As the Paediatrics Consultant, you will be responsible for the following;
- Provide quality medical care to children and neonates and supervise the delivery of quality healthcare by all junior medical personnel and nurses.
- Provide patient assessment and management. This will involve attending acute and elective admissions under the team during normal working hours, review of inpatients and participating in ward rounds and clinics for paediatric care management.
- Contribute to quality patient care by participating in case planning which includes appropriate pre-admission planning, in-hospital care and discharge planning
- To supervise the execution of investigations, medical treatment and discharge.
- Participate in clinical audits at least three per annum and quality programs as appropriate
- To be “on-call” at appropriate periods and alternative weekends.
- Communicate with patients and their families, where appropriate, about the patient’s diagnosis and management.
- Ensure all staff complies with the organizational goals and objectives.
- Ensure good communication among all clinical staff with regard to patient care.
- To be fully abreast with the available clinical care protocols for the paediatrics department and make necessary adjustments where necessary
- To ensure all staff especially doctors comply with the hospital’s care protocols.
- Must be involved in clinical research and must publish at least one clinical paper per year
- Manage the administrative requirements of the hospital and patient care including ensuring discharge summaries and medico-legal correspondence are completed with no delay.
- Be aware of and adhere to all Lily Hospital policies and procedures in reference to clinical practice.
- Coordinates departmental activities with those of the hospital.
- Ensure accomplishment of quality training in the department.
- In the absence of any of the Paediatrcian, by default, you are the Head of the Department
- Certified by the NPMCN or WACP to practice as a Paediatrician or in the capacity of a Senior Registrar or a Consultant as the case may be.
- The job holder must have a license to practice medicine from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Association.
- The job holder must have good hand-eye coordination, stamina and empathy for patients.
- The job holder must have good communication skills, a strong ability to work well under extreme pressure, self discipline and excellent long term concentration.
- Job holder must have a working knowledge of global quality assurance, clinical audit principles and processes and must exhibit a commitment towards continuous quality improvement.
- Familiarity with cultural and religious concerns of patients, and current legislation on patient rights.
- The job holder must portray a caring and professional manner in all aspects of work.
- Must show evidence of competence in the management of pediatric cases and evidence of active participation in relevant research
- The job holder must have good communication skills, a strong ability to work well under extreme pressure, self-discipline and excellent long term concentration.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and relevant documents to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.