Job ID 26502
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Women for Women International is an International non-governmental organization whose mandate includes providing women survivors of wars, civil strife and other conflicts resources for survival, reduce poverty level and ensure their self-sufficiency. The organization, with headquarters in Washington DC, USA, has country offices in eight countries, including Nigeria. We implement a 12-months training and education program designed to improve key social and economic outcomes for the most socially excluded women. The program targets every aspect of women’s lives; health and wellbeing (including nutrition, hygiene & HIV/AIDS prevention and protection), economic stability, family decision making and social safety nets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People Capability & Culture / Administration Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
- Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped over 560,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict.
- We directly work with women in eight countries, offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
- The People Capability & Culture / Administration Officer reports to the Program Coordinator (Bauchi) and works under the guidance of the PCC & Administration Manager, supporting the day-to-day operations of the Bauchi Office PCC department.
- The People Capability & Culture / Administration Officer is accountable for performing a wide range of human resources and administration duties, including but not limited to assisting with tasks in the following functional areas; recruitment, compliance, record-keeping, procurement, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Source and review recruitment documents as they are received and alert the PCC/Administration Manager to any omissions, errors, and/or possible challenges
- Participate in the new hire orientation process, prepare the new hire schedule, and coordinate with the relevant staff.
- Provide support with PCC data management, including coordinating documentation and updating emergency contact information, address changes, dependent information, marital status, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee personal data
- Ensure the Ethics and Safeguarding policy acknowledgements are signed annually following the Guide to managing HR.
- Follow up with required documentation for taking leave or returning from leave and ensure leave requests are filed accordingly.
- Complete tasks under administration sections of the new staff orientation schedule.
- Track Bauchi office lease and alert the Program Coordinator and PCC/Administration Manager to approaching expiry dates
- Complete all administrative tasks concerning office utilities (water, electricity, garbage collection, etc.)
- Provide support in maintaining both the communication board and the job board; ensure job vacancies and staff communications (CD notices, holiday schedule, etc.) are posted/removed promptly
- Monitor the daily work of the cleaners to ensure a clean and organized work environment
- Organize meetings and conferences as needed and take meeting minutes as required.
- Manage the office’s general telephone line, and courier services, where applicable.
- Ensure that office supplies, materials, data and call cards are available to meet program and operations needed and replenished as required.
- Provide administrative support for workshops and meetings to ensure venue booking and availability of all materials, where required.
- Ensure all procurement activities comply with WfWI policy, guidelines and procedures, and specific donor requirements with the assistance of the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Following approved Purchase Requisitions, prepare Requests for Quotations, Purchase Orders, etc, as required.
- Conduct market surveys on prices as required
- Participate in budget development to ensure coherence and accuracy in projecting the estimated prices and volume of required supplies and materials.
- Develop and maintain a database for suppliers /vendors for reference purposes.
- Develop and maintain a Contract Tracking Sheet that tracks all types of supplies/service contracts to ensure timely payments, renewals, amendments, etc., as needed.
- Responsible for quality assurance on supplies and ensuring that Women for Women International gets ‘value for money’ in all its purchases /services.
Asset & Stock Management:
- Responsible for the management of office store with an efficient tracking system for monitoring stock levels to ensure that no disruption of supply occurs and that stocks get replenished as needed.
- Responsible for proper inventory control and preventative safeguards to prevent loss, damage, or theft of assets or stock.
- Ensure annual physical inventory check of all stocks and assets and update records accordingly.
- Manage the WfWI Nigeria fleet of vehicles, ensuring timely renewal of all required registration, licensing, and insurance of vehicles.
- Oversee the rental of vehicles when necessary and according to established procurement procedures.
- Conduct monthly verification of Vehicle Mileage Logsheet and Fuel Consumption Analysis
- Oversee any country office vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Adhere to WfWI’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policies and the organizational values of Empowerment, Integrity, Respect, and Resilience.
- Disclaimer: The duties, responsibilities, and activities of this job description may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time, with or without notice.
Qualifications and Skills
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, or a related field is usually required.
- Must possess at least 3 years of relevant experience in the NGO sector, preferably.
- Must have a professional qualification from CIPM or any other recognized professional body.
- Must understand human resources practices, policies, and procedures, such as recruitment, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, and compliance with employment laws.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, managers, and other stakeholders with excellent written and verbal skills to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with employees, managers, and other stakeholders.
- The person must be approachable, empathetic, and able to resolve conflicts and address concerns professionally.
- Must possess organizational skills and manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Must have good time management skills and work under tight deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate in their work.
- Must be able to handle sensitive information with discretion and ensure that all documentation and records are up-to-date and accurate.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively by analyzing complex situations, gathering information, and developing fair and equitable solutions.
- Must have a good understanding of HR information systems, software, and tools and be able to use technology to improve HR processes and workflows.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following application materials: an updated CV, Cover Letter, and three (3) professional references to: email@example.com using “PCC / Administration Officer” as the subject of the email
- Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position may be filled before the closing date.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries, please.