Job ID 28436
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The International Foundation Against Infectious Disease in Nigeria (ifain.org) is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization whose mission is to execute medical research in the field of infectious diseases with the goal of identifying causes of serious infections and promoting cure or prevention for these conditions in Nigeria. The organization is supported by research grants from foreign universities, and international donor agencies and has collaborative links with several Nigerian tertiary institutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Ph.D Research Scientist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- We are looking for a doctoral student to carry out a Ph.D research within the projects in IFAIN and provide support for different research projects that require medical microbiology, haematology and genomic skills.
- The successful applicant will be mentored by senior researchers and will have the benefit of supported additional training overseas.
- A Master’s Degree in Medical Microbiology or related Basic Medical Sciences with an interest in medical research
- 2+ years relevant work experience.
- The candidate MUST have gotten admission to a doctoral program at a recognized University (i.e. not already in possession of a Doctoral Degree).
Essential Criteria / Preference:
- Experience in writing manuscripts, technical reports, or other professional writing outputs
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with either qualitative or quantitative data analysis software (Stata, SAS, SPSS, or R).
What we offer
- Opportunity to exchange knowledge, and discuss project progress, as part of the PhD education.
- Opportunity to interact with a wider network of national and international collaborators.
- Opportunity to develop your ideas within our research frame.
- A stipend and research support.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter including a summary of a Research proposal and Career objectives, Curriculum Vitae (CV), and Name and e-mail address of two professional referees to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)