Job ID 29467
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Location: Gummi, Zamfara
Employment Type: Contract
Job Type: Definite contract (6 months with the Possibility of Extension)
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression.
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (MSR) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalize the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
Supervision and Training:
- Conduct the annual registration of the project warehouse with the Pharmaceutical Council of Nigeria as Superintendent Pharmacist
- Oversee rational drug use, and adherence to MSF treatment guidelines and alert the MTL on unusual consumption patterns.
- Participate in forecasting and ordering of project medical needs and monthly TSR Analysis and follow up on action points. Do a monthly analysis of consumption tools and MSR.
- Provide training on stock management for the medical team, especially weekly tracking of consumption
- Provide technical support to the project supply team and advise on medicine storage, distribution, transport, and disposal.
- Be the focal person for MSF relations with pharmaceutical regulatory bodies at the state level and report to the Mission Pharmacist
Medical Supply management & Reporting:
- Ensure good distribution practices, good storage and dispensing practices in the project, and ensure quality supervision of consumption tracking and reporting.
- Directly oversee and report on the storage, use, and dispensing of controlled drugs and narcotics used in the project.
- Prepare monthly medical stock reports, consumption analysis, and report to MTL
- Coordinate medical orders and supplies to the clinic sites through pharmacy storekeeper, and ensure timely tracking of consumption of all intervention supplies and report to the MTL.
- Participate as a medical focal person in the quarterly stock count at the medical warehouse.
- Ensure the implementation of upto date tools (Tally Sheets, Consumption tools) and ensuring they are supplied and used in a standard format.
Human Resource management:
- Carry out periodic evaluation for project pharmacy storekeeper.
- Participate in project meetings and other flexible task as assigned by the MTL.
- Perform their duties observing the MSF policies and in compliance with relevant SOPs of the department and immediately reporting to supervisor whenever compliance is or cannot be met
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
- Essential Degree of Pharmacy
- At least 2 year certified work experience as a pharmacy manager
- Mission language and local language essential
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management
Application Closing Date
1st August, 2023 (5:00pm).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Usage of Google Chrome Browser is recommended.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Lastly, only one online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will not be considered.
- NO Transportation and/or per diems will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- Any documents sent to MSF-Holland (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-Holland.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)