Job ID 24638
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Required Languages – English
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 10%
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- You will effectively perform various activities throughout the procurement cycle to assist the acquisition of goods and services in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable.
- Your abilities will allow you to successfully support the quality and efficiency of procurement and purchasing activities applying the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Supports requestors to prepare complete and comprehensive Purchase Requisition Forms.
- Assists with the maintenance of the procurement plan and the procurement tracking tool to facilitate timely communication of procurement/purchase needs, status updates on progress of all orders, and effective and efficient service delivery.
- Assists the Procurement Officer in the continuous search for competent, reputable, and reliable suppliers of goods or services.
- Visits suppliers (company site, stores, and/or production facilities) to collect information and support the due diligence process.
- Purchases items following CRS procurement documents (i.e. Purchase Order), instructions, and standards.
- Prepares Payment Requests, ensuring all the supporting documentation is accurate and on file to assist the timely payment to vendors; and, follows up with requestors, suppliers, and other relevant parties to address any deficiencies and/or discrepancies.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 1-2 years work experience in supporting procurement/purchasing, logistics, and/or administration processes and activities.
- Good writing skills.
- Knowledge of local market conditions.
- Knowledge in MS Office package (Excel and Word).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail with good organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized organizational codes of ethics
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What We Offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Application Closing Date
11th April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
- CRS talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
- EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions)
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)