Job ID 26761
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant (Partnership)
Ref No.: STS2023-010
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Duration: 6 months renewable
Recruitment Type: STS-National (6-month renewable contract)
Slot: 2 Openings
- Conduct market research to locate potential and reliable suppliers capable of creating and delivering value to the institute in delivering required goods/services/works.
- Develop requests for Proposal/Quotation and Expression of Interest (EOI, RFP/Q).
- Assist in technical and commercial evaluation and analysis of EOI, capability presentation, negotiation, and award recommendation.
- Assist in strategic procurement planning and implementation.
- Help follow up on initiating payment to supplier’s performance.
- Assist in identifying alternate products or processes to support Supply Chain sustainability initiatives.
- Provide essential procurement and related support services.
- Adopt using latest technology and electronics tools to improve operations.
- Manage Supply Chain website and monthly newsletter.
- Assist the Head Supply Chain (HSC) in organizing supply chain training programs for Hubs/Stations.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisors.
- National Diploma in Public or Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skills (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Have strong negotiation skills, good time management skills, strategic thinking, and risk management skills.
- Have a good understanding of the supply market intelligence and must be familiar with technology and systems for procurement.
- Have the ability to collaborate effectively and have performance metrics analysis skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed Cover Letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three (3) professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, Professional Colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)