Job ID 2003
Experience 5 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Oasis Africa Consulting Limited – Our client, an independent Power Plant Construction Company is looking to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Engineer
Location: Jakande – Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full time
The Procurement Engineers will oversee cost- efficient and timely purchasing of technical goods and services for all site operations including concrete works, general construction, subcontractors and other non-construction technical procurement activities.
- Prepares Purchase Orders / Sub-contract Agreement as per approved submittal and material service request sent by the site
- Completes the Purchase Order’s attachment, comparison sheet, and material files for Procurement Unit Head’s review
- Manages the efficient flow of purchase requests and action same
- Support in the prequalification of suppliers and subcontractors
- Evaluates whether suppliers are capable of consistently delivering products and services in a timely manner and within required quality standards
- Search for, identifies, and establishes contacts with new suppliers and subcontractors.
- Support in periodic re-evaluation of suppliers and subcontractors
- Updates suppliers’ and subcontractors’ database.
- Maintains quality and price records for all purchased items
- Regular visits to sites and coordinates with the sites for procurement issues
- Works with Procurement Manager/Unit Head on selecting suppliers for prequalification.
- Coordinates with Warehouse Officer when material is returned to supplier
- Coordinates with Finance for the proper management of accounts receivables and payables.
- Coordinates with Finance to ensure appropriate credit facilities
- Communicates with potential suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (a MUST)
- Minimum 5 years’ procurement experience in a Construction/EPC environment
- Knowledge of FIDIC requirements.
- CIPS will be an advantage
- Good interpersonal, organizational, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
Salary is competitive and in line with industry standards.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online