Job ID 35107
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Procurement Specialist will procure goods and services for required State2State project activities. S/he will prepare an offer analysis and make recommendations regarding possible vendors.
- S/he will follow up with selected vendors to ensure that procured services are delivered effectively and in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- S//he will maintain procurement data. S/he will solicit bids from various vendors to procure the items within the required time frame and at a reasonable cost.
- S/he will ensure that procurement-related activities conducted by project staff in the field will be carried out in accordance with the FAR and AIDAR and will follow sound procurement procedures as outlined by DAI.
The duties of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage procurement of a wide range of goods, commodities, and services through subcontracts, blanket purchase agreements, and purchase orders.
- Oversee solicitation of bids and quotes from vendors in adherence with policies and approved requisitions and procurement plans
- Comply with consistent usage of DAI’s operations & procurement systems (TAMIS) in managing procurement processes.
- Maintain electronic procurement records and files in required DAI’s systems.
- Train other DAI staff in the use of procurement systems, as necessary.
- Prepare offer analysis and make recommendations regarding possible vendors.
- Follow up with selected vendors to ensure that procured services are delivered effectively and in timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that procurement-related activities conducted by project staff in the field will be carried out in accordance with procurement procedures as outlined by DAI.
- Help non-procurement staff understand the requirements for submitting accurate and thorough requisitions, cost estimates, and statements of work, or to determine other technical specifications.
- May serve as a non-voting chairperson on evaluation committees in accordance with DAI policies/procedures and thresholds.
- Review and analyze budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency; prepare cost evaluation data, and source selection documentation.
- Through market research efforts, identify and qualify potential suppliers (and products/services).
- Ensure that beneficial, ethical, and open supplier relationships are created and maintained according to procurement policies.
- Other related responsibilities deemed necessary but not detailed herein.
- The Procurement Specialist will be supervised technically by the Operations Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, or other relevant fields is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- At least seven (7) years of professional experience, with a minimum of three (3) years in purchasing and supply management experience. Previous experience working on US government-funded projects is highly preferred.
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated logical and flexible problem-solver, especially when working under pressure.
- Previous supervisory experience highly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses both a willingness and an ability to train and be trained.
Application Closing Date
1st November, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online