Job ID 10746
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Meta (Formerly Facebook) builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology.
People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Designer, New Product Experimentation
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Meta Design community is pioneering technologies to bring people closer together, and our teams share in the responsibility of doing it at global scale.
- We are committed to designing and building Meta apps and technologies to serve a diverse global community.
- This role sits within Meta’s New Product Experimentation (NPE) team. NPE builds standalone apps and experiences that explore user behaviors and needs that are mission aligned but not covered by Meta’s existing product portfolio.
- Our goal is to innovate from within Meta by testing and iterating on a diverse set of products, each with their own hypotheses, people problems and target audiences, that can eventually mature into meaningful new opportunities for Meta.
- One area we are focusing is building impactful zero to one products that solve important people problems in Nigeria.
- This effort is focused on tackling problems within the $100B+ global creator economy but starting out extremely proximate to Nigeria and the local technology ecosystem in Africa.
- We operate from the principle of building local before thinking global, and primarily view Africa as a one country market starting with its largest economy, Nigeria.
- As a Product Designer on NPE, you will own the creation of a new, end-to end app experience, ensuring the product and its features are valuable for people, easy to use, and of the highest level of craft and execution.
- You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills.
- This posting represents different full-time roles across the Facebook company based in our Lagos, Nigeria Office.
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, engineers, UX researchers and content strategists
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable products
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the creation of a new product
- Design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant for our supported platforms
- Define, craft and evolve designs within visual systems and/or standards
- Proactively solicit and provide feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality, while also taking on mentorship
- Experience in building and shipping applications or software at the level of whole features / products that encompass an end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms
- Interaction Design skills defining how an experience should behave based on understanding people’s needs, plus consideration of how this innovation will scale. Experience using prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work
- Visual Design skills with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, colour, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function
- Experience leading product direction and strategic thinking while developing product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the impact to people and the company
- Experience representing work to a broader product team and other leaders, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts.
- Able to showcase your end-to-end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts, multiple iterations, and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Experience connecting your work with other cross-product initiatives within the company to drive collaboration.
- Examples of leadership in non-product dimensions that have made a team stronger and positively impacted the work environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online