Job ID 29268
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
AltSchool Africa is an Edtech product, an alternative to school, launched with the sole motivation to increase employability and reduce unemployment by helping Talents in Africa jump-start a career in Tech. With AltSchool Africa, everyone can benefit from the myriad of opportunities available in Tech. At AltSchool Africa we pride ourselves on possessing a culture of execution that caters to wavemakers rather than wave riders. If you’re interested in joining a diverse and dynamic team that values speed, continuous improvement, focus, accountability, and are on an impact mission, you’ll feel right at home at AltSchool Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Function: Program Management
Experience Level: Intermediate
Workplace Type: Hybrid
About the Role
- As a Program Manager, you will work closely with the Programs Management Team and other key stakeholders.
- You will play a pivotal role in leading and overseeing the successful delivery of school programs. To excel in this position, the ideal candidate should possess exceptional organizational skills.
- Moreover, you must have a comprehensive understanding of retention strategy and adeptness in relationship management.
- Organize and manage programs that align with the company’s objectives and mission.
- Coordinate with cross-disciplined teams to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and overall program timelines.
- Develop and manage new program strategies to support the strategic direction of the company.
- Manage all stakeholders involved in the various programs and effectively deliver value to all.
- Support the Learning and Development team at ‘The Alt School Africa’ in nurturing a new generation of highly skilled talents while maintaining a strong focus on delivering excellence
- Identify and initiate partnerships with organizations that are able to deliver quality technical content
- Track the progress of all students in real-time, regularly check in when they are lagging behind, and provide adequate support.
- Provide support for all instructors and mentors in their responsibilities while tracking mentor, instructor, and student’s progress weekly using performance reviews frameworks.
- Identify and recommend collaborative ways to improve the internal program processes.
- Support with launching and execution of special and/or new projects or programs within the school.
- Serve as a bridge between students and instructors.
What We Are Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience managing programs within the learning and development, Edtech, software development, or other related field.
- Good knowledge of the latest Learning & Development trends with the zeal to educate and empower Africans.
- A can-do attitude.
- Good knowledge of Learning Management Systems.
- Excellent team management skills.
- Proficient in efficiently managing school calendars to ensure smooth operations and scheduling.
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of product/project management
- Ability to engage in empathic conversations with multiple stakeholders
Must Have Skills:
- Program Management
- Strategic process planning and resource management.
- Community Management
- Conflict resolution skill
- Data capture and analysis
- Performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Mastery of Program/project tools and techniques
Good to Have Skills:
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Reporting & Evaluation
- Customer success
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online