Job ID 4727
Experience 5 Years
Gender Male or Famele
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager – I – 4Gates OVC Lead
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Global Action Towards Epidemic control in Sub-national units in Nigeria (4GATES) program is a five year (2017-2022), United States Center for Disease Control (CDC) funded HIV/AIDS care, treatment and support program implemented across Faith-based and Government owned health facilities in Delta, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo States. Catholic Relief Services is part of the 4GATES consortium which is led by Caritas Nigeria and includes, Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Pro-Health International and Palladium. CRS supports the implementation of the Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) component of the 4GATES project.
- The Program Manager I – 4Gates Lead provides overall program management and technical coordination for the CRS 4GATES team. The role shall work closely with CCFN 4GATES management team to ensure timeliness and efficiency of all program activities for achieving 4GATES objectives and targets in line with the CRS partnership management approach.
- The role ensures timeliness and efficiency of all program activities for achieving 4GATES objectives and targets in line with the CRS partnership management approach. Working closely with CCFN 4GATES Senior Management staff, The Program Manager I – 4Gates Lead will coordinate the Case Management, MEAL and Social Welfare Systems Strengthening component of the OVC program component of the 4GATES project.
- This role will support the establishment and effective management of the project sub-recipients and other strategic partnerships, support program planning and reviews and accountable reporting in line with 4GATES program and grants management manual and process.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Lead the CRS consortium arm of the 4GATES program development and implementation strategy. Support the CCFN 4GATES OVC program lead in the planning, implementation and management of the project in line with program goals and objectives in a timely and cost-effective manner and to ensure program results / targets are met
- Coordinate all program planning, reviews and reporting in line with donor requirements
- Promote CRS partnership management approach and foster engagement with faith-based institutions.
- Develop and ensure adoption of mechanisms for achieving program accountability to partners, communities and beneficiaries.
Program Management Oversight:
- Provide Program management oversight to all program sub-offices to facilitate efficient field program operations
- Oversee administrative, operational and security aspects of the CRS 4GATES field offices
- Facilitate transparency among and between members to promote team coordination and effectiveness.
- Promote program linkages between 4GATES and consortium partners.
- Support the CCFN 4GATES Grants Management team to coordinate an effective sub-granting process to sub-recipients and technical support to partners in line with US Government obligations and regulations
- Ensure timely, and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by the donor or the government
Representation and Learning:
- In consultation with the CRS Leadership team and CCFN 4GATES team, represent the consortium on relevant technical forums including high level representation, advocacy and donor engagement as required
- Provide high level technical support for program innovation and learning; foster regular discussions with key stakeholders as appropriate; to facilitate cross sector learning.
Required Foreign Language:
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
Key Working Relationships
- Project Director(s) / COP of PEPFAR Projects, CRS 4GATES team, Deputy Country Representative (Program), RTAs for Health and OVC, Country Representatives, Heads of Operations, and Security Managers/Focal Points.
- CCFN 4GATES team, NASCP, NACA, CDC LAM, PEPFAR Implementing partners, other donors.
Supervisory Responsibilities (Yes)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree minimum in public health, child / youth development, international development, social science or related field.
- Strong knowledge of the HIV, OVC, social welfare and health sectors in Nigeria preferred
- Minimum 5 years in a PEPFAR funded HIV/OVC Program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CDC PEPFAR project/awards management including CDC PEPFAR rules and regulation and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of achieving project targets through applied learning, rigorous knowledge management, and innovation.
- Experience collaborating with state governments and local partners to implement development projects.
- Experience managing teams and building partnerships in complex situations
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Proven leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical and management expertise and experience, and strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English
- Willingness to travel significantly throughout all 4GATES project locations
- Proven leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience, and strong interpersonal skills.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Application Closing Date
19th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
Other jobs you may like
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Kaduna North, Kaduna, Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN)