Job ID 24640
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager II Emergency MEAL Coordinator
- You will manage and provide technical oversight for MEAL in the development and implementation of the Emergency Food Assistance, WASH, Shelter, Livelihoods, Nutrition and Protection programming, particularly for large and complex projects, ensuring effective MEAL systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Your MEAL-related management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its Emergency projects.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight for MEAL in all new and existing projects within the Emergency Food Assistance, WASH, Shelter, Livelihoods, Nutrition and Protection throughout the project cycle to ensure project design, start-up, implementation and close-out are in line with CRS quality principles and standards and MEAL policies, procedures, and practices; donor MEAL guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Effectively manage talent for MEAL and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff wellbeing. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Champion the development of program learning – identify opportunities for learning, research and publications in Emergency Food Assistance, WASH, Shelter, Livelihoods, Nutrition and Protection and implementation of MEAL policy. Facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned to contribute to the agency knowledge management agenda. Promote the application of learning to improve program quality and to strengthen agency influence among external stakeholders. Ensure integration of MEAL-related innovations and best practices.
- Contribute to the proactive pursuit of opportunities for new funding to ensure growth of the Emergency sector portfolio in line with agency, regional, and Emergency strategic priorities. Serve as the MEAL technical lead and technical writer to ensure quality proposals in Food Assistance, WASH, Shelter, Livelihoods, Nutrition and Protection per agency and donor standards.
- Provide guidance and technical oversight for the design of project and sectoral theories of change, results frameworks, and Proframes for Emergency Food Assistance, WASH, Shelter, Livelihoods, Nutrition and Protection. Contribute to MEAL budgeting and staffing plans and activities for proposals.
- Provide management, guidance, and technical oversight for the development and implementation of high-quality MEAL systems and processes, including ICT4MEAL and the application of responsible data principles as per agency and donor requirements in the Emergency program. Promoting MEAL policies and industry good practices, champion the analysis and use of project performance data in Emergency Food Assistance, WASH, Shelter, Livelihoods, Nutrition and Protection to inform decision-making and identify lessons learned. Facilitate connections between colleagues and peers to generate and share evidence-based learning.
- Provide management, guidance and technical oversight for project or program evaluation events and research in Emergency Food Assistance, WASH, Shelter, Livelihoods, Nutrition and Protection including the development of terms of reference or study protocols that include evaluation/learning questions, a balance of qualitative and quantitative methods, appropriate consideration of ethical and data protection standards, and the necessary technical rigor. Oversee the quality of evaluation data through good data management. Support the identification, recruitment, and management of external evaluators or research partners to ensure high quality evaluation, research, and learning.
- Oversee MEAL-related technical assistance and capacity strengthening activities in Emergency Food Assistance, WASH, Shelter, Livelihoods, Nutrition and Protection for staff and partner organizations to enhance program quality and impact.
- Oversee the identification, assessment and strengthening of partnerships relevant to MEAL in Emergency Food Assistance, WASH, Shelter, Livelihoods, Nutrition and Protection and the appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Oversees timely and appropriate project MEAL expenditures in line with financial plans and efficient use and stewardship of project material sources.
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or in the field of MEAL required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience in relevant field-based project management experience required, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in the area of MEAL.
- Experience in managing moderately complex projects preferably with an international NGO.
- English is required and knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri is a plus.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations
- MEAL skills and experience required.
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online