Job ID 16611
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer – Media Buying
Employment Type: Full Time
- This position will develop the marketing strategy and plan for the project and oversee the buying of broadcast media airtime.
- S/He will closely work with BA-Nigeria’s media partners and broadcast monitors to ensure strict broadcast compliance on all media contents, especially Radio and Television spots.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of media buying strategy, media plan budgeting and management of all the project’s media investments and relations including monitoring and verification of compliance before payment.
- Deeply understand the target audience and demographics for each BA-N thematic area and develop the media campaigns in line with it.
- Research best platforms, mediums, channels to reach the demographics and achieve strategic goals
- Identify, negotiate, and purchase airtime from broadcasters in all BA-N states and ensure good return on investment (ROI)
- Maintaining weekly and monthly monitoring report of all BA-N spots and programs in radio and TV stations in all BA states
- Manage media monitoring processes including hiring of media monitoring agencies and independent monitors, training of media monitors, ensuring compliance process is well recorded
- Work closely with the project finance and procurement team to manage vendor agreements and ensure timely payments to media partners.
- Maintaining regular and ongoing communications with media and non-media partners, keeping them up to date on relevant broadcast developments and reflecting their feedback back to organization.
- Generating relationship with new media partners and training of partners on BA-N processes for effective compliance.
- Working with media team to negotiate for transmission/broadcast time for all BA-N programs.
- Ensure productivity and cost share on all approved media plans and programs from the media teams.
- Keeping good records of all BA-N media contents and their broadcast status.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities to two program assistants.
- A Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or any equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience as a media strategist, coordinator, planner, or buyer
- At least 1 year experience working with a media buying agency in any of the listed roles
- Experience managing brands for effective media compliance, with knowledge of the media monitoring landscape in Nigeria
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to utilize media research and reporting resources
- Technical proficiency in media systems and MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Application Closing Date
7th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their CV to: email@example.com using ‘Program Officer – Media Buying, Abuja’ as the subject of the mail.
Note: Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Other jobs you may like
HR Admin / Logistics Assistant at Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) Featured
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Yobe, Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI)