Job ID 8297
Experience 5 Years
Gender Male or Famele
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) was established by the Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1965 as an organization to regulate the Accountancy Profession in Nigeria. It has over 50,000 members and is a member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Pan African Federation of Accountants (PAFA) and Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa (ABWA).
In pursuit of the Institute’s mission critical objectives to be a leading Professional body, we invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Programmer / Software Engineer
Department: Information Technology Directorate
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objectives, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisors, and users.
- Arranges project requirements in a programming sequence by analyzing requirements.
- Preparing a workflow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Encodes project requirements by converting workflow information into computer language.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role.
- Experience developing desktop/web and mobile application.
- Familiarity with common stacks.
- Knowledge of multiple back-end languages (e.g. PHP, Python, Java and or C# are added advantage).
- Familiarity with DBMS technology (e.g. SQL) and caching mechanisms such as Redis, Memcached and Varnish.
- Familiarity with web servers (e.g. Nginx, Apache).
- Good knowledge of cloud server services (e.g Azure).
- Good knowledge of GIT repository management.
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum process, language and ceremonies is a plus.
Application Closing Date
4:30pm, 17th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Multiple applications will lead to disqualification
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.