Job ID 29831
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Seefar Nigeria – We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We specialise in justice, migration and social inclusion. Our expertise is in strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programmes Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are a social enterprise with a mission to work with vulnerable people to build a better future. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. We are a team that delivers projects responsively but takes a long-term view of improving capabilities.
- The ideal candidate will enjoy managing high-performing projects in challenging locations. You must be a highly organised and autonomous individual who can lead the Programme’s team but also provide wider leadership as a member of the Senior Management Team
There are two primary services that you and your team provides:
- The Programme Manager has responsibility for Seefar projects from inception to evaluation.
- You will oversee the recruitment, training and development of project managers, whilst improving project financial, compliance and reporting systems, engaging with partners and field teams. It is likely that you will personally project manage at least one project at any time.
- You will support the design of concepts and the creation of budgets.
- The Programmes Manager will take part in the preparation and delivery of donor presentations and will represent Seefar to stakeholders, partners and beneficiaries.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the role, with estimated allocations of time and attention:
Deliver: Project and Mission Implementation:
Approximately 80% of your time and attention:
- Leading the Programmes team to deliver Seefar’s projects including the recruitment, training and supervision of Seefar Project Managers.
- Financial administration of projects, including adherence to donor compliance requirements, preparation of reports and oversight of project audits.
- Providing project inputs, insights and innovation ideas on migration, displaced people, human trafficking, modern slavery and social inclusion to support fundraising.
- Managing project-oriented donor relationships.
- Liaise with stakeholders and the broader community of interest.
Develop – Capabilities and Program Portfolio:
Approximately 10% of your time and attention:
- Improving current systems for recruitment, training and project management.
- Identifying shared lessons learned and coordinating responses across projects.
- Strengthen the Enterprise’s reputation and profile in our areas of expertise.
Direct – Global Management:
In addition to consistently demonstrating the Enterprise’s values, you will spend approximately 10% of your time and attention on global management as a member of the Senior Management Team:
- Design, implement and assess global strategy and organisational structure across the entire Enterprise, and set priorities for the overall Enterprise.
- Cooperate with other areas of the Enterprise to communicate substantive and administrative information that supports corporate management overall.
Your role will require you to travel. These examples are drawn from someone at your level in 2022:
- A meeting of global personnel in Amman in February and in Porto in September.
- An Programmes Team meeting in Germany.
- Project visits to Iraq, Nigeria and Mali.
Before you start, confirm you meet these minimum requirements:
- A minimum of eight (8) years professional experience.
- Experience managing and developing teams in the development sector.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in migration, modern slavery, livelihoods, social inclusion and/or violent extremism.
- Complete fluency in oral and written English.
This role will require someone who is smart, intrinsically motivated, worldly, interested in hard challenges, highly flexible and adaptable. It is likely that you have a combination of:
- 7 – 10 years professional project experience, preferably in the development sector.
- An excellent track record of leading others.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience working remotely
- Proficiency in project management and data management tools
Working with Seefar
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as positive features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- The Enterprise combines entrepreneurialism with a focus on social impact.
- You work with highly diverse people and across a diversity of contexts.
- There is a high level of trust that supports you to work autonomously.
- The people in the Enterprise encourage innovation and experimentation.
- Achieving results is prioritised over rigid structures and workflows.
- You are never bored and always challenged.
Current and former personnel have noted the points below as negative features of Seefar’s work environment and culture:
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed teams requires flexibility and patience.
- Working remotely can make you feel isolated and so requires you to invest time in communication.
- Travel schedules can sometimes be heavy.
- It can be fast paced so you need to be productive and able to prioritise effectively.
Application Closing Date
6th August, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Before you start, you should do the following:
- Prepare a CV in Word or PDF format. You will upload this in our online application form.
- In Word or PDF format, prepare an introductory letter that includes only the points below. You will upload this in our online application form:
- 1-2 paragraphs explaining an example in which you coordinated a team to improve a process involving project management. What was the context? What was your role? What was the result?