Job ID 27324
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant – Cash and Asset Transfer (Nigerian Nationals Only)
Job Identification: 3000690
Location: Borno, Nigeria
Employment Type: On-site
Job Category: Program Management
Job Shift: Day
- As Cash and Asset Transfer Project Assistant you will provide support for day to day implementation, reporting and technical support for all CRS CAT interventions CRS Maiduguri, under the direction of the CAT SPO. You will schedule and execute CAT activities for sector program teams, in compliance with CRS and donor requirements for accountability, transparency and data protection.
- Under the direction of the SPO, you will provide technical support to program, SCM and MEAL staff as required on the implementation of CAT interventions on the RedRose platform, including the generation of beneficiary lists, the printing of cards, the generation of vendor payment reports and the extraction of program performance data from the database required for mandatory MEAL target reporting.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Support the timely and efficient implementation of CRS CAT interventions on the RedRose platform in compliance with CRS and donor standards and requirements;
- Develop and maintain effective communications and working relationships with MEAL, SCM and program staff for CRS and consortium partners in the planning, implementation and reporting of CAT interventions;
- Under the direction of the SPO, carry out authorized e-voucher top-ups according to the approve schedule and target beneficiary list;
- Support in the extraction and reporting of program data on CAT from the Red Rose platform. Generate registration lists for program and MEAL teams as required;
- Report any technical system, device or data challenges with RedRose to the supervisor in a timely manner;
- Support in the maintenance of the RedRose database records for including data on program participants, transfer amounts, and program outcomes.
- Provide support to field staff on the use of the RedRose platform and data collection devices;
- Assist in providing technical support and training to consortium partners and contracted CRS vendors in the use of Red Rose CAT devices;
- Generate essential transaction reporting from RedRose to support the timely processing of financial requests/disbursements/liquidations;
- Support the day-to-day management of the RedRose CAT platform to generate reports on program beneficiaries and financial transactions;
- Undertake the printing, activating and tracking of CRS program beneficiary cards and assist CRS partners with this as required;
- Prepare transactional documents in support of project operations processes and support and facilitate coordination of transaction processing;
- Under the direction of the SPO, carry out property management processes, including property receipt and distribution, property labeling, and physical counts of RedRose devices and smart cards. Idnetfu and report faulty equipment and manage stock levels;
- Provide field support to CRS and partner staff conducting CAT interventions as needed;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Sector Leads, MEAL Manager, ICT4D Officer, DCoP, EC, SCM team
- External: Consortium partners
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Information Management, Information Technology, or any other relevant field.
- Experience in using the RedRose platform for CAT interventions.
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Fluency in both English and Hausa is essential. Understanding of one or more of the languages of Borno, such as Kanuri or Shuwa Arabic is desirable.
- The post is based in Maiduguri and includes 40% travel to field locations in the Jere area of Maiduguri and also other CRS program locations in Borno State.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Application Closing Date
11th June, 2023 at 02:22 PM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS prioritizes candidates who are citizens/ permanent residents of the countries where we have CRS offices.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.