Job ID 32707
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Concern for Women and Children Development Foundation (COWACDI) is a woman-led organization born out of passion for the well-being of Women and Children in Nigeria. It has a special interest in mitigating the suffering of vulnerable persons (mostly Women & Children) in times of crisis. Currently, the organization has focused its attention on the North East of Nigeria with special emphasis on Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa states (the BAY states) due to the decade-old crises.
COWACDI intervenes through a community-based approach in addressing Gender-Based Violence prevention and response programmes, child protection, peace-building programmes, and empowerment of youth and women. COWACDI operates with full respect for humanitarian law and works with concrete policies and principles of international standards such as humanity, impartiality, neutrality and independence, and accountability to the affected population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant, NFI
Job Type: Full Time
Overall Purpose of the Role
- The NFI Project Assistant is in charge of the implementation of NFI activities in Yusufari, including participation in distributions, supporting monitoring and evaluation, reporting after each distribution and compliance with relevant NFI SOPs.
- Provides administrative or technical support within NFI area
- Assist the NFI officer in ensuring quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of NFI activities
- Support distribution activities
- NFI item distribution, hygiene item distribution, facilitation and trainings on use and distribution management.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance in the implementation of NFI program, including monitoring of distributions in the area of intervention.
- Monitor and track achievements as per the project implementation plan, wok plan and operationalized linked to project documents. Assist in monitoring work of supplies in coordination with the team.
- Verify activities are performed in accordance with the specifications in the project proposal and notify in a timely manner of any change request pertinent;
- Adhere and respect the projects work plan (project schedule) designed by NFI Program Manager. Inform of any delay or workaround required for timely completion of activities;
- Facilitate use of feedback mechanism for beneficiaries through meetings, regular focus group discussions to assess impact and quality of activities
- Contribute to contingency planning for emergency response if required
- Produce daily and weekly progress reports, provide accurate data analysis and related updates, and share with project officer without delay
- Accompany the Project Officer, Manager, donor, and/or other interested visitors to project sites, providing inputs on progress and overall context.
- Perform such other duties as required that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Educational Qualification & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or its Equivalent preferably in Disaster Management, Project Management, Humanitarian Refugee Studies, Statistics, Civil engineering, Social Science, Sociology, Psychology, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
Required Competencies and Skills
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- All COWACDI staff members must abide by and demonstrate these values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respect and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance. • Empathy: Shows compassion for others, and makes people feel safe, respected, and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators – Level 1:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures
- Good skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fluency in local language
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English. Other:
- Only candidates residing in the location of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- An appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Hausa and Native Language of the area would be an added advantage.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Application Closing Date
27th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letter and CV in a single PDF format to email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.