Job ID 34165
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Chemonics International is one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Driver
Employment Type: Full-time
- The USAID Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Activity (LUWASH) is a $44 million Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) activity. LUWASH will increase the availability, quality and use of safe water and sanitation services and improve the governance and sustainable management of associated sector institutions in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Through an integrated, market-based approach, LUWASH will work across the value chain of WASH services to bolster supply and manage demand within a strengthened framework of sector governance, financing, and regulated services. The activity aims to catalyze sector transformation and generate WASH service improvements for at least 4 million people in low-income communities and build a foundation for continued progress beyond LUWASH.
- Chemonics seeks 2 project driversfor the USAID Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Activity (LUWASH) in Nigeria to provide the job descritpion listed below.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Transport the project staff safely to various destinations, as assigned.
- Maintain proper and accurate records of the vehicle movement log.
- Clean and check the assigned project vehicle daily, to ensure smooth operation of the vehicle.
- Carry out daily checks on the vehicle such as oil gauge, radiator brake fluid, tires, light, signal among others regularly.
- Inform the Office Manager timely of any problems observed related to the vehicle, so that such problems can be rectified promptly.
- Drive the project vehicle carefully and safely at all times, observing all traffic rules and safety regulations at all times.
- The driver is expected to request that passengers use their seat belts at all times inside the project vehicle.
- Dispatch mail/correspondence for the project when necessary.
- Ensure that the project vehicle complies to the safety protocols (first aid and other safety measures are in place), and regularly clean.
- Ensure the vehicle annual registration and annual vehicle insurance are done on time.
- Comply with USAID regulations and Chemonics’ Professional Code of Ethics in all activities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Logistics Support (20%):
- Support operations team to collect supporting documents from training/workshop participants during project training and workshops.
- Ensure that all vehicle logs are completed accurately and in a timely manner according to Chemonics Policy
- Ensure timely monthly compilation and submission of Log sheet, fuel consumption report to the Office Manager.
- Support operations team to conduct inventory count of Project assets as needed.
- Support operation and technical team to scan and photocopy necessary documents.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- The Driver will report to the Office Manager.
- Proven qualifications in safe driving
- 4 years of relevant work experience in transportation, mechanics, logistics, operations.
- Valid Nigerian driver’s license and good driving record is required.
- Good command of English and Nigerian languages
- Good knowledge of the country map and routes
- A neat and professional appearance
- Understanding of auto mechanics required, Certification in mechanics or automobile maintenance beneficial.
- Ability to communicate in English, both written and orally.
- Experience with international governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Must be in good physical health.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position based in Lagos State, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.