Job ID 29050
Experience See Job Description
Gender Male or Famele
Qualifications See Job Description
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project / Grant Accountant
Job Identification: 3000828
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance
- You will help coordinate and contribute to the implementation of the Project’s in Maiduguri project/grant policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
- You will efficiently perform accounting services through documenting the project/grant financial transactions by compiling, analyzing, and verifying account information, preparing account entries, and delivering financial reporting services throughout the project/grant life cycle.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Set and monitor sound accounting and financial reporting procedures for project/grant subrecipients and partners following established standards. Ensure setup and maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned project/grant accounts in Insight financial accounting package.
- Review and validate supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place.
- Record financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review and analyze various accounts to detect irregularities. Advise on corrective actions and prepare correcting entries and adjustments, as necessary.
- Assess, evaluate and monitor subrecipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and strengthen capacity of partner in financial accounting and transactions.
- Monitor disbursement/receipt schedules, alert relevant project/grant staff of due payments/liquidations, and maintain appropriate communication and follow-up to facilitate timeliness of financial resource management and compliance with set deadlines.
- Prepare various periodic and ad hoc financial reports and perform variance analysis to assist project/grant staff with decision-making. Assist with budget maintenance for proper management of financial resources.
- Provide information to project/grant staff, subrecipients, and partners on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues and deliver training and other capacity building activities.
- Perform assigned treasury project/grant (cash payment/receipt, cash forecast, etc.) duties, as long as segregation of duties is ensured.
- Ensure the Sub-recipient Financial Monitoring Policy (SRFMP) is adhered to and strictly followed in partners management.
- B.A. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in Accounting, or a qualification in Accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Minimum of two years experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Conscientious, accurate and thorough with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Knowledge of the relevant public donor regulations preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of ERP (Insight) financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software preferred.
- Required Languages: English and Hausa language
- Travel: Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Finance Assistant.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Budget Managers, Finance colleagues.
- External: Sub-recipients, and External Auditors.
Agency REDI Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
Agency competencies clarify expected behaviors and attitudes for all staff. When demonstrated, they create an engaging workplace, help staff achieve their best, and help CRS achieve agency goals. These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Personal Accountability – Consistently takes responsibility for one’s own actions.
- Acts with Integrity – Consistently models values aligned with CRS Guiding Principles and mission. Is considered honest.
- Builds and Maintains Trust – Shows consistency between words and actions.
- Collaborates with Others – Works effectively in intercultural and diverse teams.
- Open to Learn – Seeks out experiences that may change perspective or provide an opportunity to learn new things.
Agency Leadership Competencies:
- Lead Change – Continually looks for ways to improve the agency through a culture of agility, openness, and innovation.
- Develops and Recognizes Others – Builds the capacity of staff to reach their full potential and enhance team and agency performance.
- Strategic Mindset – Understands role in translating, communicating, and implementing agency strategy and team priorities.
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2023 (12:59 AM).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- ***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS prioritizes candidates who are citizens/ permanent residents of the countries where we have CRS offices.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Other jobs you may like
- @ ListingAPI-2
- Kaduna North, Kaduna, Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN)